Thursday 24 February 2022

Chilly

 The less said about the world situation the better as far as I am concerned.   Terrible as it is. I cannot personally do anything about it so I try - as I am sure everyone else does  - to put it out of my mind as much as I can.

Here at home winter has closed in again today with heavy snow showers and a bitter gale blowing.   So, needless to say I have not been out again.   Friend W called this morning to collect some music I had found on my recent cupboard clearing and she stayed  for a chat for an hour.   Then at mid day Tesco arrived with my order - twice monthly so the fridge was more or less empty.   A good time to wash it out, which I did.  Now most of the food is away apart from  some bread  buns.   I need to try and get them into the freezer so in the morning my job is to try and reorganise the freezer to make room for them.  My freezer is in the garage and it is really too cold to do the job today - but the garage is so very cold it must almost be freezing in there.

I watched a really interesting programme on TV last evening where six young black men and women were brought together in a house somewhere for a week to discuss what it is like to be young, black and British.   The second half of the programme is tonight so I look forward to seeing that too.   There is so little of interest on at the moment.

I notice as I draw the blinds this afternoon, a snowstorm raging outside, that the brave little golden crocus, battered by a constant wind for days, struggle on and bring a promise of Spring just round the corner.   It can't come soon enough can it?

19 comments:

Susan said...

Winter seems to be having one more blast of cold and snow. 6-12 inches are predicted for us tonight. Just this morning I saw my first robin. I hope he finds cover in the storm.

Bonnie said...

Stay warm and cozy with all that winter weather. I am also anxious for Spring! We have had snow each week this month with temperatures staying below freezing. I find that kind of cold bothers me more than it used to so I stay in as much as I can for now. Take care my friend!

Rachel Phillips said...

If it's too cold today it will be too cold in the morning. Ask the carer woman to manoeuvre the rolls into the freezer and be done with it.

Debby said...

Shoot. If it is that cold, just set the buns on top of the freezer until your carer can put them away.

Jennifer said...

Your first paragraph is almost exactly what I said at the end of the post I wrote today.

Winter is on its way out, even if it is chilly! I admit that I'm rushing the season a bit, but it's been so warm here that it's difficult not to. I'm sure a late freeze is going to cause me some stress at some point over the next few weeks!

Yellow Shoes said...

Might it be possible to move your freezer indoors into the warm house? Easier to organise.

marlane said...

I am so grateful to live in a climate that is never really cold in the winter.

Gail, northern California said...

Fearing another summer drought, we here in California are still praying for rain and lots of it.
Take care, little one. Remember: bad things happen when you get in a hurry.








Joanne Noragon said...

The crocus will make it through, hooray, hooray.

Barbara Anne said...

Stay cozy while the snow flies outside and get your exercise moving from room to room indoors.

Our purple crocus are blooming in happy profusion!

May peace prevail on earth.

Hugs!

Cro Magnon said...

We had about 10 seconds worth of tiny hail yesterday. Quite exciting.

Librarian said...

The forecast here is for colder temperatures again, too; we usually have a couple of days or so delay from the kind of weather you get.
As for spring - it is definitely here already, judging by the primroses and other flowers out in people's gardens around my house. Also, on my walk yesterday I noticed the first tiny, tiny green leaves appearing on a hedge along the path. It is almost March, after all!

Tom Stephenson said...

Yes, come on Spring.

thelma said...

The sun is out but it is cold. All stocked up on food, no worries about the bread buns, just get one of your visitors to make the trip.

Melinda from Ontario said...

I agree exactly with the first line in your post. I'm reading the scary headlines of course, but my husband and I have an unspoken agreement that we will not discuss the situation. It wouldn't help...
I bought myself a bunch of chrysanthemums yesterday. There's nothing like a bouquet of fresh flowers to cheer up a room.

The Feminine Energy said...

Nope, I will never try to "put it out of my mind", Weaver. The plight of the innocent Ukrainian people is always up front & center in my mind... or else I will forget to pray for them!!! Their cries do not fall on deaf ears with me and I hold them close every moment of every day, in thought & in prayer. That is my duty as a Christian, at least as I see it. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Marjorie said...

Hugs. I managed to see that programme too and it was very good.

Granny Sue said...

How different your weather is from where my cousin John of Stargoose and Hanglands lives, near Cambridge. He posted photos of blooming trees and fields of flowers this morning. We are more like your area as far as weather, still winter here for a while yet.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I did not realise that you and John were cousins - blogging is good for that isn't it Thank you evand his photographs are superb aren't they = they really cPTURE THE SPIRIT OF THE PLACE.

Thank you everyone for cheering me up and capturing the Spirit of Spring for me.