Monday 7 February 2022

Monday

Busy day.   This morning was Book Group and the wonderful book about The Iliad - we all enjoyed it hugely (I talked about it last week and am too tired to go and get it to put the title but if you can't find it and would like it then tell me and tomorrow when I am less tired I will tell you author and title again).

It is some days since the weather was good enough for me to go out.   After lunch I contemplated it but the wind was very strong.    Then around half past three I looked out and the wind had dropped - I didn't feel like going out but the forecast for the week is not good and I knew when I got out I would enjoy it and I did.

First of all as I walked down the drive the opposite neighbour drove up in his van.   He has moved into a larger bungalow having just had a little girl - Daisy.   His bungalow is up for letting.   We had a quarter of an hour's chat.    Then Priscilla and I walked to the top of the road and I noticed the benefit of T's lengthening of the handles which he did for me yesterday (thankyou T - I am not stooping over her any more).    Then walking back along the footpath I met one of my favourite dogs - I haven't seen him lately.   I did wonder if he had died because he is an old dog.   But no - he was just as pleased to see me as I was to see him -  his tail started wagging long before we got to one another.

Then just as I reached home E was walking past and waited so that we could have a chat.   So - four people all morning at Book Group,     two people and one dog on my walk - I have managed my quota today -first time during this somewhat wintry weather.  See you tomorrow.

18 comments:

JayCee said...

It is good to get out in between the spells of bad weather, especially when it offers the opportunity to meet so many friends,

Heather said...

A number of times I have timed my morning walk perfectly, getting home just as it starts raining. Of course there have been others when I have arrived back soaking wet!
I notice how many people using walking sticks or strollers which are not the right height for them. It makes a huge difference when the height is adjusted correctly.
How nice to meet your old canine friend. Now that I am not allowed a pet, I find myself asking permission of various owners to stroke their dog. They are such lovely animals.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you were able to get outside for a bit. I think fresh air usually lifts one's spirit especially if you have not been able to get out much. It is so nice that you have friendly neighbors and even dogs to visit with! Dogs are so good at sensing people and they know right away if you are a friend.

Debby said...

Wonderful that T could adjust your walker, but I am a little astonished that your physio did not recognize that the adjustment was needed. Walking stooped makes moving way harder than it needs to be. Most alarming to me is that it increases your likelihood of falling since you are already off balance.

Minigranny said...

Lovely that you could get out for that walk and much better now that Priscilla has grown taller!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Quite right Debby - my Priscilla was just sent via Mediquip,

Susan said...

It is good that you got outside for your walk and even better meeting friends and neighbors as well as your favorite dog. Walking with your newly adjusted walker should make walking more comfortable. It is disappointing that your medical professionals did not fit the walker for your specific needs. (This sort of thing seems to be happening in the US too.)

Joanne Noragon said...

A happy day is a good day.

Librarian said...

I was thinking the same as Debby, and I seem to remember that your walking has been assessed in the past, hasn't it? Anyway, Priscilla is now better suited to you, and that should make your walks easier.
Very windy here these days, too; you wouldn't want to be out in it, but a beautiful day of sunshine and mild temperatures is forecast for tomorrow. I plan to finish work early, or at least interrupt it long enough to catch some afternoon sun.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

A much more pleasant day here yesterday - and forecast again for today. My neighbours are also in the process of moving out to a larger house so that their two little boys can have a bit more space; I'm not sure how such lively children fit into a small house anyway. I shall miss them. There was just a trace of Spring in the air here yesterday, better days ahead!

Rachel Phillips said...

Thank goodness for T. Very remiss of your physio not to fix up the walking aid correctly for you or at leaat check that it had been done. The most basic of requirements in her/his job.

Gerry Snape said...

Locals...I love them..thankful for folk who stop and say hello x

Derek Faulkner said...

A second day of blue skies and sunshine here on Sheppey and 11 degrees.

Sue said...

It makes the world of difference getting out in the fresh air and talking to multiple people doesn't it. I'm glad that Priscilla has been adjusted, it should help your walking no end.

The Feminine Energy said...

The wind has been bone-biting here in Indiana. I wonder if the wind blows across the whole globe, when it blows? I love your commitment to making sure you talk to different people each day, Weaver. I've always thought this was a grand idea of yours. ~Andrea xoxo

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks for calling in everyone. Not cold here but no sun and rather dismal.

thelma said...

Soon it will be light early on in the morning. The year moves on. Glad Priscilla has been adjusted to the right height and the old dog is still around. I miss my Lucy and her funny ways.

BTMA Oil Press said...

oil press equipment
Rapeseed oil press is a relatively popular model, so there are many rapeseed oil presses with the same appearance in the oil press industry, which makes it more difficult for users to choose.