Saturday 19 February 2022

The calm after the storm.

 It is very cold here today.   Eunice seems to have passed on leaving a trail of wreckage and I believe four deaths.   Behind her she left very cold weather today and most of the morning it snowed on and off.  After lunch the sun came out and the sky turned blue and my spirits were certainly lifted.   Although it is still bitterly cold in the breeze the snow has all gone again and the sun shining into the bungalow has cheered it up immensley. We have escaped lightly here in the Dales thank goodness.

I have spent the day doing various jobs.   First of all I have checked (my son popped in and checked the cupboards I couldn't reach) and all the books for the   auditor are now ready for collection.  Then I wrote a letter thanking the electrician for coming and trying to investigate 'the noise'.   Now I have ordered a cake on line for when my friends come to lunch at the beginning of March and am putting on today's post.

As I said just looking at the sun pushed up my energy.   Now I just have to gather strength to write to British Gas and as several of you have suggested if they won't agree to cancel the call out fee when it was their mistake I shall cancel the contract with them and call local contractor.   Watch this space.

11 comments:

Heather said...

In spite of red warnings we too have escaped unscathed. Dreadful that anyone should lose their lives to a storm, but sadly it happens. Quieter here today but wet and still gusty. I got my walk in this morning and was invited to join my son and daughter-in-law for coffee which was very nice. I wonder what tomorrow has in store for us.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Not a goood forecast for this coming week at all is it. Let's hope we miss the worst again.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Have you considered a therapy lamp?
The small one on my desk, each session, I like it more.

Susan said...

The Winter sunshine against blue skies is beautiful and helps cheer us all. The cold continues here today along with light snow showers. It appears you've got all your administrative tasks well in hand and that must feel very good.

Joanne Noragon said...

All's well that receives a lot of sunshine.

angryparsnip said...

After the storm some sun is always nice. Hope you have more nice days.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Librarian said...

Good to know you have escaped the worst and are safe in your sunlit bungalow.
The storm hit northern Germany pretty badly; I am down south but want to get in touch with a friend who lives up there.

Bovey Belle said...

It wasn't too bad here in Powys either. Carmarthen was worse off - the train station there (much used by our offspring down the years) lost its roof!

I would take my allegience away from useless British Gas and employ the useful chap who came out when needed.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank you all for replying. Pouring with rain here as I write.

Debby said...

I WILL watch your space...I am currently doing battle with the internet/phone company. Sadly, I do not have a teacher's voice to fall back on so am floundering around on my own.