Thursday 19 March 2015

Spring!

Well, it has well and truly sprung today - wall-to-wall sunshine, albeit hazy and little or no wind.   In the sun it is a very warm day; in the shade it is still quite cold.   The weather has brought out the lawn mower brigade in force - they are everywhere like flies and making the rest of us who haven't even oiled ours after winter, feel guilty.

It was just the day for the lime to be spread on the fields and shortly before lunch time the lorries and the lime spreader arrived.   From the top road (where I ventured on a trip to Richmond with my daughter in law to sample flapjack and coffee in a lovely bistro) we could see the white 'cloud' strips across our fields.

Tess is limping and the vet thinks she has pulled a muscle rabbit chasing, so for a few days she has to walk on the leash to give the muscle time to heal.  She does not care for it.

Elizabeth tells me that three inches of snow are forecast for New York for tomorrow - seems winter is still trying to win the battle.  We do not want you here winter - begone!

10 comments:

Hildred said...

I have a granddaughter in Halifax who has been snowed in for three days and is mighty tired of winter and snowfalls. The whole city has been shut down... The East Coast of North America is having a wickedly ridiculous extended winter and I hesitate to even tell her about my blooming spring bulbs and the apricot trees about to burst into blossom!!!

angryparsnip said...

awwww poor Tess !
I hope she feel better soon.
The Square Ones send woofs to their cousin Tess.

cheers, parsnip

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ahh those first days of spring - can anything compare?

Joanne Noragon said...

Weather moves from west to east. Perhaps all the snow will fall into the Atlantic Ocean.

I'm so glad you are getting a dose!

Heather said...

I know just how Tess feels though I haven't been chasing rabbits! Glad the farmer got a good day for lime spreading. We have had very hazy mornings but the sun manages to break through by the afternoon, but it is still quite chilly as it should be in March. I hope we don't get another dose of winter to echo New York's snowfall.

The Broad said...

I'm flying to Boston on April 8th. Then I go to Vermont for a few days. It doesn't look good for travel without galoshes and the winter coat.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Edward and Apple commiserate with poor Tess, having sprained an ankle or two in their time chasing the dreaded chipmunk. We had been in hopes of Spring over the last two days when temperatures wafted along in the 70's. But alas, today is cold and windy so a fire in the grate tonight! xoxo

Cro Magnon said...

Very hot here yesterday. I'm old fashioned; I still think of the 21st as being the first day of Spring... I shall celebrate tomorrow.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks for visiting - your comments are always much appreciated.

Unknown said...

Absolutely, finally able to enjoy the sunshine (it's shining through my window as I type this), long may it continue!