Saturday 5 March 2022

At last a pleasant sunny day after some days of fog and cloud.

 It is good to see the sun again and I did at last, for the first time  yesterday walk from the hairdressers to the opticians but that was all I could manage,    The trouble is we are not yet at the stage of having several  'walking' days in succession and I so soon get out of condition.

It is now 5.37pm, still light, and as I sit typing this the rooks are crossing on their way home to the rookery for the night.   I do love to see them.   And looking into the garden, the crocus are at last out in profusion.   It is good to know that everything is stirring at last and March is here.

And writing these words reminds me that Monday means that Book Group has come round again.   It is a while since I read our set book.   I need to get my note book and make a few notes ready for Monday morning.    So that's it for today - see you tomorrow.

New specs are satisfactory.   I now have a pair of varifocals, as I have always had, and I also have a pair of reading glasses and they are a great help.I just can's imagine life without being able to read.


17 comments:

JayCee said...

Oh yes, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't read.
Today has been wall to wall sunshine here, if a little chilly. An overnight frost is forecast but more sun for the next few days.⅗

Sue in Suffolk said...

Thank goodness you are able to read easily again.
The weather here has been the complete opposite to you - rain almost all day

Melinda from Ontario said...

I feel the same thing about reading. It fills up a lot of my day. On occasion, I download an audible version of a book from the library. Having someone read a book to me took some getting used to but now I find it enjoyable. One of my nephews, who has a wonderful voice, is making a career of being an audiobook narrator. If you love to read out loud, it's a wonderful job.

Jules said...

It has been a glorious day here, but still so very cold. X

Rachel Phillips said...

I hadn't noticed you not reading your last book club weirdo book that you wrote about.

Bonnie said...

It sounds like Spring is getting started there! It sometimes takes me a bit to get accustomed to new glasses but once I do I'm fine.

Ellen D. said...

Sunshine makes all the difference, doesn't it? Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow too!

Red said...

We've had lots of ice on sidewalks so I haven't been walking until now. Now I take the car to a trail that is sanded.

it's me said...

Rooks and crocuses would make me happy!
Hoping your new glasses work for you. Books are still a big part of my life, too!

Susan said...

Our eyes are very important and caring for them is key. Your new glasses are working out well and that is good news. Your crocuses sound very lovely. Sunshine and warmth will be welcomed; as today I look outside at a few inches of snow. Rain is predicted for tomorrow. I'm glad it is not snow.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm so looking forward to my upcoming visit to the eye doc. My right eye is wonky.

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine my life without glasses - or hot showers - or interesting reading matter. My brother talked me into getting a Kindle, but my husband appropriated it as he likes it, and I don't. I much prefer books.-Pam.

Hilde said...

I cannot imagine a day without reading. In fact, I usually read too much, neglecting things I should do instead. I remember being told as a child that I would ruin my eyes by reading too much. There has been great progress concerning glasses. My father had extremely thick and heavy glasses, and he still hat to use a magnifying glass for reading.
Hilde in Germany

thelma said...

Icy cold this morning when I opened the back door to sun. Having books read to you via
Audible is a pleasant experience, but you have to concentrate quite hard and not let your mind wander.

Librarian said...

Having my eyesight improved so much since last year's operation has returned the joy of reading to my life, and so I can imagine how much you appreciate your new glasses.

Tom Stephenson said...

I love watching and listening to rooks too. I don't understand why so many people hate them.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. I am just about back to normal now although still feeling a bit weak in the muscles with so many days not doing any walking. I need a week of warm weather so that I can get out and about. Half an hours gentle gardening today but my arms are weak.