Friday 25 March 2022

How goes the day?

Some days I wake up with a modicum of energy which, if I spread it gently, can last more or less all day.   Other days I wake up pretty lacking in energy and however hard I try none appears.   If I have a caller sometimes that generates a bit of energy from somewhere but it tends to disappear at the drop of a hat.   I suppose this is because of my age but I do find it trying because in my younger days I could usually whip up some energy from somewhere.

Yesterday I did quite a lot of bits and pieces as well as a good long blog post.  Today not only can I think of absolutely nothing to say but I have done more or less absolutely nothing all day.   At about half past four I did drag Priscilla across the road to the post box - it would have done in the morning as today's post had already gone but I felt it would do me good.   It did and I had a chat with H next door who was working in her front garden.   She is the same age as me and has similar views on energy.   And so we struggle on.

It has been a lovely Spring day again but the weather forecast shows a 'cold front' sweeping down from the Arctic with a North wind.   So at the beginning of next week we can say goodbye to Spring for a few days at least.   So don't put those winter woollies away yet!  See you tomorrow. 

15 comments:

Christine said...

Good for you walking, I find if I walk every day my legs feel stronger.. And you met and had a nice chat so that was very nice I'm sure. Spring has sprung here too and the very pleasant weather is tempting me more and more to get up and get out!

Anonymous said...

A modicum of energy sums up how I feel these days Pat.
I am in the demographic of grandparents who try to ease the financial burden of weekly childcare costs by caring for a grandchild two days a week. The parents are essential workers. It's exhausting and I'm twenty years older than when my mother did it for me. Keep up the good work - you are inspiring.-Pam.

Bonnie said...

It's good you got a little exercise and fresh air. Getting fresh air can truly pick a person up too. We can't put our winter things away yet here either but I sure am ready to. Enjoy your evening!

Heather said...

I wish someone could produce bottled energy. I have felt exhausted for the past week and am only just beginning to feel a bit better. I think I may have been fighting off a virus of some kind - not Covid as I had a negative test result. Like you I have good days and bad, and I think on the good days I go a bit mad and use it all up without thought for the next day. A short walk in fresh air is always beneficial. Keeping the 'cardies' handy for a while yet, and keep on plodding!

Ellen D. said...

Well, you did find a tiny bit of energy after all to get outside for your walk and visit. Good for you!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for energy!
Pushing on without energy takes courage, when it can be easy to melt into a chair all day. Same here, cold again for a few days. It is okay. I don't have the energy to put coats and boots away.

Susan said...

Exercise and a balanced diet are key. If iron levels are low energy is low. My 99 year old Uncle used to eat spinach and liver and onions when he felt his energy stores were low. It's cool here too and tomorrow will be rain again. A flannel shirt with a pull-over sweater on top is needed to keep warm.

vic said...

Cold front sweeping through southern Indiana this weekend also. Lows of 24F and 22F over the two nights. So many shrubs and perennials are just beginning to leaf out and some have buds and many early spring ephemerals are also up and beginning to bloom. Hope that they all can manage to get through this cold. So sad to see them coming up with temps in the high 60's and low 70's just last week and now this. Guess that's March for you but it's still hard to take.

Joanne Noragon said...

We have snow in the weekend forecast, too.

Red said...

My lack of energy comes from a low hemoglobin that they can't seem to do much about.

Barbara Rogers said...

Each little step (I call them baby steps) is good, and I just take much smaller steps literally these days. And rest. I took a nice nap as long as I could today. So of course that means I'm not tired yet this evening. Keeping on is the key...just keeping on going.

angryparsnip said...

We have had some cold weather but it will be warm here soon.
One of the meds I take makes me sleepy. So time to find a different one.
Like you I use to do so much in a day now not so much.
When the spring come things will be better.

The Gud Dugs say woof !

Sue in Suffolk said...

I don't understand how the days, the weeks and the months go so quickly.
Hope today is a good one for you

Yellow Shoes said...

What an honest post.
Maybe get your GP to check for anemia next time you see him/her? That can leave you feeling very exhausted.
Do a little, rest a little seems to work for me.

marlane said...

I follow Dr Berry on youtube who teaches keto eating but also says that lack of magnesium and potassium in our soils and therefore our food is a big reason why we lack energy. Food for thought. I take magnesium and potassium and notice quite a difference, especially with leg cramps at night.