Thursday 3 March 2022

Visitors

 Visitors arrived as planned and what a lovely, chatty time we had.   It was a dull, grey, murky day indeed but that didn't stop our enjoyment.   P and D came over from Grange over Sands.   W came, bringing with her the vegetables to cook here - leeks and sugar snaps, broccoli and buttered cabbage - all delicious.    My carer's shepherds' pie met with full approval - in fact my visitors said it was the best they had ever tasted.   For 'afters' we had small Gu chocolate and honeycomb puds, followed by rich fruit cake and strong Cheddar cheese.

Then the three  of us sat and chatted while D walked into town to the Walking Shop (he is trying to walk ten thousand steps a day).   They went off home before it got dark so that they could get a fair way in the daylight.   Whichever way they go they have to traverse the top of the Pennines and on murky days it is always worse up there.

It was good to have a day when there was no talk of the dreadful war in Ukraine and to just relax amongst friends.

I am feeling more my old self each day.   Tomorrow I have to go into town to the hairdresser in a taxi and while down there cross the road to the Optician as my new specs are ready for fitting.   Maybe then I shall  be able to read again.

See you all tomorrow...

20 comments:

Country Cottage said...

Sounds like a lovely day, glad to hear you are feeling better each day. Viv

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lots of food for thought here Geraldine.

Ellen D. said...

Glad you enjoyed the visit with your friends. Sounds like a yummy meal!

Melinda from Ontario said...

That sounds like a wonderful visit. Your lunch sounded scrumptious. There is nothing better than good conversation with old friends. In fact, I don't think there is any better medicine. I'm about to head out for dinner with a very close friend of mine. I've been looking forward to this outing all week.
Good luck with the new specs! May your vision be as sharp as an eagle.

Susan said...

Good food and good friends enjoying the day sounds perfect. I'm glad you're feeling better and nearly back to yourself. Having your new glasses will be excellent. A nice new frame is always good too. I had a light covering of new snow over night. Very pretty but really, I'm ready for Spring.

Cheryl Seaman said...

Good food and good friends - a combination hard to beat!The meal sounds lovely though I am unfamiliar with a couple of items. I do love Shepherd's Pie.
Since I live in Florida, now is the time to get ahead with the yard work before the heat and humidity of summer make being outside almost unbearable (even for errands!!) Planted two new rose bushes and cleaned up a lot of weeds. Lots of pruning and hope we don't get a late frost!
Hope you have a pleasant evening!

Bonnie said...

What a nice day! I'm happy you all had a good time. It's especially nice that you are feeling your old self more now.

Rachel Phillips said...

Greetings and good to see you had a good day Weave.

Anonymous said...

It all sounds perfect! Just the day you needed.x

Minigranny said...

Sorry. I just came up as anonymous! Sheila.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thaank you friends - nice to have your replies and good wishes. I am more or less my old self today

Joanne Noragon said...

Glad you had a good visit. Woke to several inches of snow this morning and had to cancel my eye doctor appointment.

Cro Magnon said...

Sounds like a day with nothing but smiles!

Librarian said...

Very glad to read all that! Now all the best with your new specs. You know that I know what a big difference it can make.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glad to hear everything went well and that you're finding ways to entertain friends without putting too much of a strain on yourself. I like to keep abreast of the news, but when a big story happens they do tend to overdo the coverage to the point where there is no escape or respite from it.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Sounds like a lovely day
Hope today is equally successful

Tom Stephenson said...

Rich fruit cake and strong Cheddar cheese...

Sue said...

It sounds like a lovely day, and a really nice meal too.

The Weaver of Grass said...

See you tomorrow....Thank you everyone for participating.

thelma said...

A feast, good friends and feeling better. What more could you want? May it continue each day.