Sunday 15 April 2018

Sunday

Today it has been wet since early lunch time and it looks as though the warm weather is not set to reach us until mid week.   Never has there been a winter when everyone has longed so much for spring to arrive.

But I must say = there are signs.   Every single time I open the front door to go out there is a blackbird singing.   I am almost certain they have built in my hedge.   In my front garden my lawn is looking rather sad.   I don't think it has had a feed for many a long year so I intend to rectify that shortly.   In the meantime two starlings are walking around on it, digging their beaks into the grass and searching for grubs.  I hope they have a lot of success - taking away pests and also aerating the ground at the same time.

Sunday lunch out was good as always and staying drinking tea until almost four o'clock meant the day was almost over when I returned.   Just a walk round with Tess in the pouring rain.  Not very Springlike.

 

10 comments:

John Going Gently said...

You are late tonight pat x

Chris said...

You had a busy day! I'm sure the grass will come back with some of your loving care.

justjill said...

Your weather usually mirrors ours. Sorry you not have had the sunshine we have had.x

Bonnie said...

How I agree with you - I am longing for spring. Today was the third Sunday in a row we have had snow. At least it was just a little this time but still unheard of in April around here. I hope you have a wonderful evening and a great sunny day tomorrow to start your week!

Cro Magnon said...

We have Cuckoos, Owls (not sure why Owls should hoot during the daytime), and Hoopoes singing amongst all the usual birds. It really is lovely.

Gwil W said...

We have a blackbird sings from the roofs of the houses opposite most mornings and evenings. Very nice singer. By the way, the Glaslyn Osprey couple are back from Africa and in their nest in Snowdonia. I saw them on the live video yesterday.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That was the weather that was forecast here; in the end we had a two-minute shower in the afternoon and that was that. Things are shaping up nicely for spring here so it should be with you soon.

Heather said...

We seem to get one fine day a week at present. I managed to get my short walk in between very wet spells. As you say, there are plenty of signs of spring - I have been enjoying the bird song and watching the buds on neighbours' trees get fatter by the day. Something has to pop soon.

Rachel Phillips said...

Lawns look after themselves. All that is needed is for the gardener to cut it and keep it neat. The rest will happen by itself.

cocoya said...

You had a busy day! I'm sure the grass will come back with some of your loving care.
สล็อต ออนไลน์