Saturday 28 April 2018

Back to normal.

Whatever that is!
Yes Rachel - you are correct.   My niece and her son, my Great Nephew, have been staying since Wednesday and have just started their drive back to Long Eaton in Derbyshire an hour ago.   My Great Nephew has been very seriously ill for a year and is now, at last, on the road to recovery.   It was good to see him looking well again. 

The weather here is very chilly.   Looking at the weather map this morning I see that by next week-end we are coloured yellow again, suggesting warm weather.   But at the moment  it is really 'sitting by the radiator' weather.

But the birds are into their Spring Routine like mad and Mr and Mrs Blackbird, who are living in my hedge, are both out this morning gathering worms from my front lawn.   So busy and eager are they that when Tess and I stood on the step to wave off my Niece they continued to forage for worms while keeping a beady eye on us.

Three days without any News leaves me in a sort of void.   Yes, I have had a cursory read of The Times each day over my breakfast and in the evenings we have done all  the  puzzles, crosswords etc. together.   But actual 'real' news has been non-existent in this household - and perhaps I am all the better for it.   Breaks in such things are good for the soul.

Lunch and Dinner out yesterday means that I have eaten far too much.   Both were delicious.   There seems to be a sudden fashion here for sweet potato chips - I have developed a taste for them - they are very good indeed.

Tess has  enjoyed lots of walks and will definitely miss them today when I am catching up with things.   My washing machine has just 'pinged'
which means I can put the sheets and towels to dry and thus get everywhere 'back to normal' - so goodbye until tomorrow.

16 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I prefer the vegetable crisps to the potato ones. Beetroot makes good crisps. News? It's all been very boring which is a good thing these days.

Rachel Phillips said...

There's some good blogging to catch up on though. I note you have been doing so with me. I am glad you had a good week with your visitors. Now is time to relax and recover.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glad to hear that everything's OK with you. My camera, my toes and my heating bill are all looking forward to the return of some "yellow weather". Incredibly dreary here today.

Heather said...

Dull and chilly down here too. Glad you had such a good time with your visitors. I think we are all looking forward to more seasonal weather.

Minigranny said...

Good to get away from the news sometimes. Sounds as though you had a lovely time with your visitors.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Sweet potato fries (like French fries, which you would call chips, I guess) are popular here, too. They are served with a sriracha mayo for dipping. -Jenn

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I like normal - or as close to it as I can get. I feel it is a good thing to be able to enjoy the little things in life.

justjill said...

Glad all is well.

thelma said...

Sweet potatoes are supposed to be good for you, not sure about chipping them though in lots of fat;)

Joanne Noragon said...

How nice to have visited with relatives. So much news to catch up on!

Sue said...

It's nice to have visitors but it's good to get back to your normal routine afterwards.

Bonnie said...

It is wonderful to have time to visit and catch up with family and then it is equally wonderful to get back to normal when everyone leaves. Rest up from your host duties and enjoy the weekend! Good to see you back!

Derek Faulkner said...

Sweet Potato chips are lovely, Parsnip chips are also very tasty. Just off to watch a programme about the history of Norwich.

angryparsnip said...

I thought you had family or friends in for a visit.
I love eating baked sweet potatoes some butter salt and pepper but I don't like the chips. In Japan we eat them as street food, wrapped in a paper bag and eat them skin and all.

cheers, parsnip

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone for your comments

krishna said...

Our weather is doing better now..