Tuesday 23 January 2018

Busy day

This has been such a busy day.    Usual Tuesday morning coffee with the 'girls' - in a different coffee house this morning as our Post Horn is closed this week for refurbishment.   Then I had to
drive the ten miles or so to my Physiotherapist.
She is very pleased with me and puts it down to my daily short walks with Tess around the estate.   I have not been going in this bad weather but the temperature is back up to twelve degrees today and all the snow has gone so walks have been on the cards and both of us have enjoyed them.
Back from the Physio and into town to do one or two jobs and buy one or two cards to send to people.   That done, cards written and posted (it is so good living opposite a post box) and lunch done with (three o'clock before I sat down to eat it)  and no sooner had I done that than it was time for another walk with Tess and getting her tea.

At five o'clock my son popped in to put my dustbin out for me and as he went my fancy TV arrived.   The first thing to say about it is that it will not fit on to my tea trolley so tomorrow I have to go out and buy a new table for it to sit on.   Jonathan has 'plumbed' it in to my laptop for me and it is up and ready to go, but it took him a couple of hours and he has only just gone.

Now, at eight o'clock I am just about to sit down and put my feet up.    Every vestige of snow disappeared like magic overnight and everywhere is green.   What a joy to arrive at the Physio and find her lawn absolutely covered with aconites in full bloom and the churchyard next door awash with snowdrops - it does the soul good.

15 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

It is all part of the learning curve about ordering things. It will come right in the end.

Jill said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad your walks are noticed by the Dr. And I'm excited to hear all about your fancy TV adventures.

Chris said...

You certainly accomplished a lot today. I feel it is good to keep busy but I also enjoy some "down time" in the afternoon, just half-an-hour to read a book and close my eyes if I get drowsy.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's OK to go shopping, too, you know. But do get someone to shift the TV for you.

lynda said...

So glad you've settled so well into your new home and are so busy!

Derek Faulkner said...

It's so refreshing to see your continuing joy at now living where you do, do you go back and read your doubts and worries before you moved, especially in respect of your dog.

Librarian said...

Snowdrops and aconites, how lovely! I have only seen a few clusters of snowdrops here and there so far, but the other day we went walking in the village and spotted so many daisies on front lawns and the grassy bits next to the school and the bus stop.
How rewarding to know your walks do not only feel good to yourself and Tess, but your physio therapist can tell the positive effect, too.

thelma said...

Sounds a good day! The only problem with the weather now is that it is very muddy.

Heather said...

What a treat to see those aconites and snowdrops. It is so good to find benefits to living in more urban areas. I never dreamed I would enjoy living in a town but, as you have found, it is so convenient for almost everything. Glad you are keeping your physiotherapist happy!

Tom Stephenson said...

Your TV is controlled by your laptop? That's a good idea. I hate remote controls. I have never worked out how to use them.

Dartford Warbler said...

What a positive day with so much achieved! It`s great to know that you and Tess are still together and that your regular walks are doing you both so much good. Enjoy your new television.DWx

Gwil W said...

Glad to hear the TV is now plumbed in. Hope it doesn't leak. Especially if there's a melting ice cap on it.

Rachel Phillips said...

I wondered why the tv was plumbed into the laptop. I have just read Tom's comment. Is that how it works?

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

My favourite time of the year, the weather warming, although not with the incredible storm we had today, new flowers arriving every day

The Weaver of Grass said...

Rachel - it is something to do with me receiving I Player and also the ITV equivalent I think. I am having a few hiccups but am determined to manage it. If I can't do things the proper way I can usually find a way round it at present.
Re snowdrops everybody - I have just found a lovely patch in my back garden. Unfortunately there is also Mare's tail, which is impossible to eradicate so I am having to rethink what I am going to do there when Spring arrives.

Thanks everyone.