Saturday 2 September 2023

Beautiful Day

E, a friend who lives only a few doors away, just called early on this beautiful, clear, blue skied sunny day, to bring me more tomatoes from their greenhouse.   They are delicious - they now reside in a deep blue plate I bought from a wayside stall in the High Atlas Mountains in Marrakesh.  I eat them like cherries as I pass the plate on my kitchen worktop.

She tells me she is going to O's wedding.   I taught O as an evening tutor when I first came to live up here.  He is marrying today.   She tells me he is 43 which makes me feel very old.   In the intervening years I have only seen him twice.   But  I remember him well.

He is marrying at Jervaulx Abbey - a serene and beautiful ruin only maybe five miles from here.  He and his future wife have an absolutely perfect day for it.   The forecast is good, the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds, there is a light breeze and the week-end altogether is set fair.  Perfect.

John (Going Gently) has posted a beautiful post today about crossing The Rainbow Bridge.   Reading that put me in a perfect mood.  Now followed by this news of O's marriage and the superb setting for it this afternoon has enhanced my mood further.   I see out of the window that the morning sun has brought forth a good crop of Michaelmas Daisy flowers.   I shall sally forth with Priscilla to have a closer look.

Three things to put me in a good frame of mind today.   Let's hope I am not tempting fate.

I could be back later maybe. 

11 comments:

Internet Roulette said...

Thanks for taking the time to create such a helpful blog

SueP said...

The weather makes such a difference doesn't it? I often wonder if people who live in countries with warmer and more pleasant climates have lower levels of depression etc?

Heather said...

It's a lovely day here too after a perfect slightly misty September morning. What a lovely venue the ruined abbey will provide for the wedding you mention, and perfect weather too.
Michaelmas daisies to round off - one my favourites.

Barbara Anne said...

What a lovely post, Pat.

How marvelous to be goven a share of little homegrown tomato goodness. :)

I shall forever imagine you sallying forth to admire Michaelmas daisies!!

Hugs!

Jennifer said...

I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday, Pat!

Sal said...

There’s nothing like the taste of home grown tomatoes, is there? And the wedding venue sounds so perfect and idyllic. I hope that your weekend is happy and peaceful. 😁

Jules said...

Just reading this has put me in a good frame of mind. What a lovely day. Xx

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

My father always liked to grow some of the little Gardener's Delight tomatoes - we soon found out that they were so named because most of them got eaten in the garden without ever making it to the kitchen! I hope the weather stayed good for the wedding; it was cloudy allday here yesterday.

thelma said...

I used to grow the little Gardener's Delight tomato, and also small yellow tomatoes which are also very sweet. Home grown are always delicious.

Poppy and Me said...

I always try to find 3 good things every day to set me up for the day.Yyou started well Pat so I'm sure your day was good .Hugs from Poppy and Valx

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone. Lovely day again. Off to Google now to find Crane Fly (see today's blog later!!!)