Thursday 17 August 2017

Back at last.

I'm back folks after an enforced break due to B T somehow cutting off my telephone and my hub late on Monday afternoon.   Couldn't help wondering if Neil of Yorkshire Pudding fame had something to do with it.   I went out for the afternoon to visit friends and when I returned it was to find that he had called (and left me a tin of salmon, which he knows I love).   I sent him a quick e mail to say I was sorry I had missed him and suddenly, five minutes later, my hub light went to red and my telephone went dead.   Open Reach have been working at the top of the road all week which may have had something to do with it.  Anyway I am back on line and my phone is working so all's well that ends well.

It is so nice to meet folk I blog with - several have actually called and stayed overnight - but please, if you intend to come this way, let me know and then I will endeavour to be in when you call.

I am no nearer moving as things have not really progressed a great deal.   I know these things take time but it is almost six months now since the farmer died and I really do want to get settled into my new home before the winter sets in.

It has been a lovely day today.   Our group of ukuleles played for a group who meet regularly in a nearby Golf Club - we meet for a sing song and it is enjoyed by us all.   Now I am home, catching up on my e mails and enjoying the sunshine of a late Summer's evening.

20 comments:

Wilma said...

Glad you are back online. Why is the transaction for selling taking so long, I wonder? I guess it is different in every country. I am sure you will happy when all is said and done.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Buying and selling in the UK is a nightmare. I hope yours concludes soon. Great to have you back.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

So glad you are back online and were not gone for any unfortunate reason, such as illness....

donna baker said...

You don't miss it until you don't have the option. Glad they fixed it. I'm with you Pat. I'd want to be settled in before winter. Take care.

Joanne Noragon said...

Hurry up with this; wait for that. Such is selling a house in this country.

Mac n' Janet said...

It is so frustrating when we can't get online, glad you got it sorted.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

You got me! I was so disgruntled that you weren't at home that I slipped the BT Open Reach fellows a tenner to sabotage your internet connection.

justjill said...

Frustration big time. Hope you are sorted soon.

Granny Sue said...

Surprise gifts are such a pleasure. I hope the transition to your new place speeds up for you.

Tom Stephenson said...

I didn't realise that Open Reach could be bought for such a cheap price.

John Going Gently said...

You inspire me weave. You take sweetness from so many things x

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I do hope for your sake that your move happens sooner rather than later. I think my family (me included) would go into shock without internet. How sad is that! -Jenn

Cro Magnon said...

It's amazing how lost we feel without our access to the world. Maybe we now rely on it a bit too much.

Librarian said...

After a heavy thunderstorm with lots of hail on Tuesday afternoon, I woke up Wednesday morning to no internet and landline connection. Fortunately, all I had to do was reset my router - no Telekom or other services needed to be called.
I hope you'll be in your new place soon!

Rachel Phillips said...

I missed you. Glad you are back Weave,

Frances said...

Glad that you are OK. I was getting worried. x

Heather said...

All's well that ends well. Sorry to hear you are still in a state of limbo, that isn't nice as I know. I am now trying not to panic as I will be moving into my flat next Friday. There is still so much to do and I am trying to let all the most important offices know my new address - if only they would answer their phones - I am far too busy to sit and hold for 20 minutes each time. Pigeon post will have to do. Enjoy your lovely day. It's not too bad here and as I have cut both lawns I don't mind what it does.

Louise Stopford said...

Hi - I am enjoying reading your blog as I like the way you describe things, i.e. "enjoying the sunshine of a late summer's evening". You make ordinary occurrences sounds very special (which they should be) as you obviously appreciate these things in life (which we all should). Sorry to hear you have not got a moving date yet. It does seem to have taken a very long time, but hopefully it will all be completed soon and you can settle into your new home.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone. News from Barcelona is awful and makes me realise just how petty my moving is in the giant scheme of things. It will all happen one day. Thanks Heather for your constant boosting up - do hope all goes well on Friday.

Devon said...

I think it would be wonderful to meet in person some blogging friends. As always, I enjoyed your kind, honest views in your post. I do hope the sale goes through and you are able to move before the weather turns cold.