Tuesday 22 May 2018

Visitors

There is nothing like the prospect of visitors to make one look in the corners for the gathering of dust, check on the store cupboard to make sure essentials are  to hand, wash the dusters - this last one was prompted by my cleaning lady who suggested she wash them the other week!

The fact is that when one lives alone it is easy to let all these things slip as there is usually only yourself likely to see.  (well the dog too of course but I don't suppose she cares for an instant as long as Pedigree chum in Jelly and Bakers complete arrive in her bowl at 4pm exactly (and yes, I am certain she can tell the time). 

Morning coffee with the girls and a nice long chat over a cafatiere of Italian each.   Then it was home home for lunch and today - in a fit of enthusiasm - I put on the oven and cooked myself scampi and a collection of veg (petit pois, carrot batons, baby sweet corn and broccoli).   Now I am about to boil myself a couple of eggs for my tea.   The amount of work I have done today - plus a nice long walk down the farm lane with Tess - means I have earned it - and in any case I am hungry.   So I shall away to boil the eggs and have them ready to put on a tray so that I can watch 'Antiques Road Trip' in comfort.   Have a nice evening.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your lunch sounds delicious and you had certainly earned it. When I get a phone call from one of my family asking if I'll be in, and having said yes, I am always surprised by the speed at which I can tidy up and grab a duster! As you say, it is so easy to let things slip.

angryparsnip said...

Sounds like a very nice and delicious day.

cheers, parsnip

Sue said...

Rick can definitely tell the time - in French and English!

Bonnie said...

I love Antiques Road Trip but we get a different version of it here in the states. I would love to see the one you get there. You have a history that goes so much farther back than we do here. I imagine the items shown there are amazing to see!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

My mother used to always tidy up when her friend visited, and that friend used to clean the house if my mother was going there. I used to visit both unannounced and never found either house untidy!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Have a lovely time with your visitors, I need to do cleaning too but like gardening better

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Sounds like a great day food wise! Been at work, very breezy.

Rachel Phillips said...

I bet your house is always as clean as a whistle Weave.

Joanne Noragon said...

:-)