Thursday 2 December 2021

A very successful day

And a very enjoyable day too - and might I add that friends looked after me very well so that I only had a little back and forth to the kitchen to do and most of that was before they came when I could take my time.   The result is that I have enjoyed the day immensely and now that they have all gone I don't feel over tired at all.

 Rachel said she expected it all to go well - and it did.   My mobility is such that it takes me a long time to get from a to b and I can't do it unaided and I find it very tiring.   Today passed without any of that.

P and D live in Grange over Sands which is literally straight across from East to West of the country.   Friends took two hours to arrive and they brought the main course - a delicious ready-made dish with smoked haddock.   Friend W lives in the next village to me and was responsible for the veggies.  They all three arrived at the same time - W brought the vegetables - broccoli, leeks, cauliflower and green beans - all of which she cooked to perfe ction in the microwave.  I had set the table yesterday at my leisure and also taken the pudding (a lime tart) out of the freezer.

And so we all four came together.   The oven was switched on so that the meal would be ready at half past twelve.  W disappeared at about ten past to cook and then keep warm the vegetables and dead on  half past twelve we ate - no alcohol as P was driving but white grape juice, which was very pleasant and didn't make us sleepy.   We all had a piece of the lime tart  with locally made ice cream and then the 'boys' finished it off between them.

The dishwasher was loaded and switched on, the coffee was made and we all sat down in the sitting room and chatted for a couple of hours before everyone set off home.  D rang at half past four to say they had had a good journey back and were home.   It has been a lovely enjoyable day = so thank you to all three of them for putting the effort into make it so pleasant. 

I shall now go and watch tonight's winter walk on television unless it is playing up.   I have somehow pressed something and it is not quite behaving as it should.   Friend D fiddled with it this afternoon - I am hoping he has 'righted' it - otherwise I shall wait for friend S to call - she is a whizz with the television.

See you tomorrow. 

28 comments:

JayCee said...

Sounds like a splendid day all round.

Tom Stephenson said...

I'm envious, Weave.

Melinda from Ontario said...

It sounds like a wonderful afternoon. As my mother always said when things went well, "everything dovetailed nicely."

Country Cottage said...

Sounds like a wonderful day spent with kind friends.

angryparsnip said...

You have the best lunches and most of all the best friends.
xx

busybusybeejay said...

What a lovely day.

Ellen D. said...

That sounds so nice! Glad you had such a good time. You certainly do have a lot of good friends that help take care of you and are happy to spend time with you. I think it is because you have always been a good friend to them too!

Heather said...

That sounds like the perfect day and good to know your friends had a good journey home afterwards. Hope the TV is behaving itself.

Derek Faulkner said...

Wow, what a great day and by you being so happy about it we're all happy about.

gz said...

That was one of the best!
Teamwork.

Minigranny said...

That sounds lovely,! A perfect get together with your friends.

Rachel Phillips said...

And the coffee stayed where it should have stayed, on the trolley!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Was splendid day as you rightly say Jay Cee -have just looked out of the front door on my way to bed - snowing lightly - luckily it wasn't snowing earlier or they would not have come.

Susan said...

Everything went to perfection and I'm happy for you.

Cro Magnon said...

Your headline made me smile. My day wasn't quite so good. I had a blood test, and the girl found it difficult to get any out of my arm. I've never had that problem before.

Anonymous said...

Happy for you Pat...from Pam.

Librarian said...

Nice to know all went well from start to finish.

Jules said...

A really lovely way to spend the day. X

thelma said...

A lovely day for you all and everything ended up in the right place.

Sue in Suffolk said...

What a lovely day you had.
Hope today is just as good

Frances said...

Sounds like a lovely time was had by all! If you are on " Virgin" for your TV they were having widespread problems yesterday. There were quite a lot of channels we couldn't get.

Tasker Dunham said...

A day to remember.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone - nice of you to send a message saying you were glad I had a nice day. Today is a grey day and cold with it so am staying warm.

Jennifer said...

This sounds like a good day! I'm happy to hear it!

Bonnie said...

So happy to hear you had your friends together. Heart-warming post!
Bonnie in Minneapolis

Debby said...

I am glad that you have discovered a way to balance your need to take things easy with your need to socialize. I will bet Ratana that a good time was had by ALL.

Unknown said...

And your hair looked good as well!

Gilly said...

Just left a comment and It's called me unknown!