Friday 13 December 2019

Well, well, well.

Don't know whether to be pleased, horrified or dis affected - all I can say is that it is over and we shall see.   At least there is a clear majority whether you like it or not so something should be able to get done rather than shilly-shallying from one argument to the next.

Down here on the ground floor, the grass roots, with one of the safest Conservative seats in the country (there's a lot of money about in North Yorkshire) there was never any doubt so not a lot of interest.   I have no idea what the turn-out was but there was a steady stream when I went to vote and in a town of not many more than a couple of thousand that is what you would expect.

Now it has all died down, no more shouting, all loud hailers, all pamphlets through letter boxes, all empty promises - gone as if they had never been.   So now we can get back to serious posts folks.   Only trouble is that my landline is down - I didn't have online service but it suddenly came back on late yesterday evening,  but the phone is still dead. Luckily my son is sorting it out for me with BT - I am now at the stage where I easily get into little pieces and flap!!   See you tomorrow.

14 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Yes, "We shall see".
I'm not surprised that you get in a flap trying to deal with BT; they just don't seem to listen to what you're telling them, do they?
Glad you enjoyed the music; you mentioned once before that you once played in an Early Music group so I hoped you might like it. The man on the tambourine seems to get as many sounds out of it as a whole drum-kit!

Rachel Phillips said...

Funny because I get on well with BT and they fix quickly. Famous last words perhaps.

Heather said...

Glad it is all over and there was a definite majority. Perhaps we can all get back to normal now. Hope you get your phone sorted. My son is coming round tomorrow to look at my electric heater which has gone on strike. I am warm enough at present but should it suddenly get much colder I would miss it.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm glad there's a working majority, no change here in Suffolk - just like your area forever blue. Ipswich is the only part of Suffolk that goes back and forward and that is back to blue this time too.

Hope your phone gets sorted

Gwil W said...

Dilyn the Dog stole the show!

wisps of words said...

I would like to say, I am very happy that the will of your people has now been heard, in loud enough numbers, to finally make Brexit happen.

But if you do not want to Publish this, it is fine with me. It is your blog and if you don't want someone from another Country, saying this, it is your right.

Congratulations from across the Pond!

Tom Stephenson said...

In the words of Slade's Christmas hit of many years ago, it's only just begun...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delighted an d glad we can get back to normal!! Fiona x

Joanne Noragon said...

I no longer take frustration well, myself, and have had the "customer service" person say they will hang up if I don't calm myself.

Cro Magnon said...

Just think of all those jobs that have been saved from Corby's crazy policies. Just that alone is enough for me.

thelma said...

There is nothing we can do to change the verdict, especially in North Yorks with its Conservative bias. Wretched man is coming up to visit the North as well...

Librarian said...

I guess that your feelings mirror those of many, many others in the UK (and other countries) - finally, a clear decision has been made, a clear majority has been achieved and now things can finally start to move, whether we like the direction or not.

The Weaver of Grass said...

My phone is still out of order but I must say that the service from BT has been fine. I have been given priority because of my age and they were working at the bottom of my garden all yesterday - now they think it is under my front lawn and are coming in the morning to dig my lawn up. But I have my mobile so I am OK. Thanks for the visit.

Rachel Phillips said...

Well, well, well, you still have BT to be there for you in spot on time.