Thursday 27 July 2017

No time

I have just realised that I have not put a post on since Monday.   The fact is that I have just been too busy.   
Tuesday I went with my friend W to Kirby Lonsdale - a beautiful drive over in lovely weather, a delicious meal and a lovely drive back by a different route, round by Sedbergh.   For lunch I had salmon covered in sweet chilli sauce and served on a lovely salad.   I would never have thought of putting that sauce on salmon, but it was a delicious combination.

Yesterday was our Poetry afternoon - and as usual that was the most relaxing afternoon with lovely poetry.  It is one of my favourite afternoons in the month.

Today, as well as shopping for a lunch party on Saturday (my grand-daughter, her baby daughter and her husband are coming down from Glasgow for the weekend at my sons) I have been to Bainbridge to Sycamore Hall care home to play ukuleles and sing to the residents - it was a lovely afternoon too.

 Now I am tired and ready to go to bed.  It is 9.40 and almost dark outside and my Horlicks is calling me from the kitchen cupboard.   See you tomorrow.

17 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I love Horlicks!

donna baker said...

I have heard of it and thought it was a powdered milk drink. Kind of like our Ovaltine in the US. Is it a treat before bed or a tonic of some kind?

John Going Gently said...

Nite nite pat

Mac n' Janet said...

You have been busy, don't over do it.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"Horlicks"? Bloody hell - I didn't think you could still buy it! Can you still buy "Brillo" pads and "Omo" too? What about "Spangles"?

angryparsnip said...

So Busy !

cheers, parsnip

Cro Magnon said...

I agree with YP; I had no idea that Horlicks was still around! Cheers!

Derek Faulkner said...

The salmon/sweet chilli sauce combination is something I quite often eat. In Morrisons they sell two salmon cutlets with a chilli sauce sachet. I'm with YP on the Horlicks and the other items - there's a whole new blog Pat - can you still buy this and that.

Librarian said...

Salmon does feature quite a lot in your meals, I have noticed. It is supposed to be good for you, but although I really like fish (especially trout), somehow I can not bring myself to like salmon. But you being so fit and healthy are living proof of its goodness!
Glad to know you are enjoying poetry afternoons, drives through beautiful Yorkshire countryside and time spent with friends and family.
Still no date for the move?

Rachel Phillips said...

P takes Horlicks in his flask for his elevenses.

Anonymous said...

No need to apologise!
It's fantastic that you have created activities to do and look forward to.
Nothing will replace the farmer but you have some lovely friends and are courageously
getting on with your new situation.
We were in the Yorkshire Dales recently and I would love to have met you.
I admire your pluckiness so much.
Do you ever meet any of your readers?
Sue

Tom Stephenson said...

That's a relief - I thought a couple of us had upset you! P.S. Could you get a friend to pick up the print for you? You will need to sign the proxy thing on the notice card.

Gwil W said...

The food drink of the night, I think was the old Horlicks blurb.

thelma said...

The salmon sounds delicious, just love fish! The only decent fish restaurant in Whitby, the Magpie burnt down recently, but apart from being the best fish and chips place it would also serve the finer fish such as dover sole and halibut.

Heather said...

You seem to be as busy as ever, which is good of course. Enjoy the visit from your grand daughter and her baby. I foresee lots of lovely cuddles.

Theresa Y said...

Sounds like you're busier than ever. That's good. Enjoy your weekend with family.

Unknown said...

I am dreadfully thankful to all of your team for sharing such motivating information.
Synthetic Turf