Wednesday 29 July 2015

Another busy day.

My finger is much improved.   I have stopped taking the antibiotics and will hope for the best - returning to the doctor if the infection returns.   The tablets were making me feel so ill I just couldn't take them.

This morning the farmer decided to jump in with both feet and drive to Ripon and buy himself a new flat bed trailer so that he can put his little digger on to it and drive around to friends' farms to help them with their drainage problems.  (after well over two inches of rain in twenty four hours these problems are showing up well today!)   I went with him for the ride.

After lunch friend W and I went off to Tesco in Catterick Garrison as she had promised to help me choose a new telephone.   We have had ours for some years and I find it increasingly difficult to hear on it.  We chose one, had a coffee, drove round a large new shopping complex which is being built (quite impressive so far), and then came home.

After tea, by which time I was at last feeling a little better, I read the instruction book for putting everything into our new phone.   I decided you need at least an MSc in plumbing in telephones in order to do it and so I shall now have to enlist the help of my son when he has a little spare time.  I think for a few weeks it will be hard enough to operate it, but putting all the information in is quite beyond my powers.

Several times today we have actually had sunshine, although there have been some sharp showers too.  Tomorrow promises to be slightly better.  I do hope the weather holds as England have done so well today at cricket - I shall keep my fingers crossed.

12 comments:

donna baker said...

So glad you are feeling better. Sometime, we know better than the doctors.

Heather said...

So pleased to hear that you and your finger are feeling better at last. Phones, like a lot of other things, were once so simple and uncomplicated. I wonder how many people actually use all the facilities they offer.

Anonymous said...

Glad the finger is improving and you've had some sun too! My husband is watching the cricket avidly! x

Wilma said...

Happy that your finger is better, but do keep a close eye on it; nail bed infections can be difficult to treat. I feel your pain re the new phone. Good luck with it!

angryparsnip said...

Every time I get a new phone I have the salesperson download as much as they can then just hand it over to Daughter or Son. hahahahahahaaha
So happy to know your finger is improving.

cheers, parsnip

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

The nurse in me is freaking out about you discontinuing the antibiotics. Can you call the doctor and tell him/her of your severe stomach distress and ask for another kind? I would feel ever-so-much-better if you would do this instead of just stopping them out of hand. Wilma is correct in saying that nail bed infections can be difficult to treat. you do not want to let it get a good grip. Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?? At the very least soak in warm water and epsom salts several times a day.
:0 m & jb

Tom Stephenson said...

I hope your new telephone is better, Weave. I SAID I HOPE YOUR NEW TELEPHONE IS BETTER, WEAVE.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good news your finger is feeling better.
Good luck and congratulations on your new phone!

Terra said...

I like Maureen's advice; perhaps your doctor will prescribe a different antibiotic for you. Best wishes with setting up your new phone; thank goodness for sons to help us when needed.

Cro Magnon said...

A phone should have big easy to press numbers, a volume control, and nothing else.

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

My girlfriend of many years ago had a transparent one that lit up when it rang. Very Blakes 7, we used to think.

DCAja said...

this is very good!