Monday 27 July 2015

Here they are on Saturday afternoon waiting for the mums to be shorn and the babies let back into the field - they are pedigree Swaledale sheep more used to being up on the 'tops' and very flighty down here at only seven hundred feet.

Of course, as is usually the case, the moment they lost their coats the rain set in and today it is cold (fifteen) and very wet.   I thank my lucky stars that the farmer recently bought me a tumble drier because the last few weeks any drying of washing outdoors would have been impossible.  And this weather is set to last until the middle of August (when will we get the haymaking done?)

It is a limited post today because I have a sore finger which makes typing difficult.   After putting up with a red and swollen middle finger for the past week I finally went to the doctor this morning.  I have an infection under the nail and he has put me on a course of antibiotics for a week.   Not sure which is worse - the indigestion caused by the antibiotics or the sore finger.   But it does hurt to type with it.   So I will sign off.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So sorry about the sore finger and the antibiotics and the RAIN! very depressing start to the week.
It can only get better - I hope.

Elizabeth said...

Spam party sounds great - especially the liver and bacon bit!

angryparsnip said...

So much rain. Please send it to the southwest we need it.
It is so hard to deal with a sore hand or fingers. You can't get anything dome.
The sheep are beautiful.

cheers, parsnip

Mac n' Janet said...

Hope your finger is better soon, every time the Doctor puts me on antibiotics it always leaves me with side effects.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers you heal well soon
The sheep look groomed like they're brushed everyday. Beautiful animals.

Heather said...

The sheep look so smart with a new haircut. The weather is so unseasonal - I have been wearing a fleece all day (not one of the sheep's!). I hope your finger soon recovers and it is rotten that the antibiotics give you indigestion. Gaviscon to the rescue? Fingers crossed for a window of fine weather long enough for haymaking.

Frances said...

Those pedigree sheep are beautiful. I am sorry that now that they've had had fleece removed, the summer weather is being distinctively unfriendly.

Also sympathetic to the anti-bio side effects, and hope that the positive force of those meds will get your favored typing finger feeling better very soon.

xo

Mary said...

Do be well soon - take your meds because infections are nasty little devils.
Hope the weather improves - who got the wool from that good-looking flock? Sounds like you may be dragging out your own woolies soon!

Stay warm - Mary


Cro Magnon said...

Very clean Sheep; they look like they're off to a show. Still no rain here; getting desperate.

A Heron's View said...

Nail bed infections along with the detrimental effects of antibiotics can be cured
by taking copious amounts of Live Organic Yogurt.

Terry and Linda said...

I'm so sorry about your finger. I'm working with a bum foot right now. Sure slow a person down. I loved the photo of the sheep.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com