Reader Wil has tagged me to list six things which make me happy. I was surprised how difficult it was to actually put them into words, but here they are. Happiness is often fleeting, isn't it. I do get sudden bursts of happiness - sometimes just seeing the farmer walk down the drive and realising how lucky I am to have met him, or having a long chat with my son (which often turns into a "friendly" argument), or seeing all my grandchildren sitting round the table together, talking. But I have listed six specific times when I know I shall feel happy:-
1. Sitting out in the Dales somewhere with a glorious view and revelling in the fact that I actually live here.
2. Knowing that all my family are well and happy.
3. Walking with my dog in the lanes around the farm and looking for wildflowers and birds.
4. Sitting by a log fire on a winter's evening with a good book.
5. Meeting a group of friends and family in the evening for a meal and a chat.
6. Closing the farm gate and getting into the taxi at the beginning of a holiday.
Now I am supposed to tag six people too. Instead I would invite anyone who reads my blog to ponder on what makes them happy and - if they feel like it - to commit it to cyberspace. Just off to complete number 3 now!