Monday 25 April 2022

Weather and other topics

Suddenly it is very cold again.   The sun has more or less disappeared and there is a sharp easterly wind blowing.   The folk passing my window - most of them elderly like me - are swathed in hats and scarves - and they need them.  It is a bit disheartening after the spell of warmer weather but we do have to remind ourselves it was ever thus in our capricious Spring.

My computer had somehow got itself in a mess   - no -correction - I had somehow got my com puter in a mess.   My saviours S and T arrived today just after lunch to save me.   T to walk into town to do a bit of shopping for me and S to tame my computer and make it do as it was told.   So now, thanks to them,I am back in business again and for that I owe them my sincere thanks.    T also brought me a cheese scone to eat with a bowl of soup for my tea.

I was reading the Times when they came and somehow it took me a while to get my mind out of the Times and into computers but all's well that ends well thanks to S's patience. 

I have not been for my walk today - I have not really felt up to it and it is really quite cold.   I shall view the  situation after tea and decide whether to walk the laps of the patio.

Still no alliums to be seen Derek but I shall send up a rocket in your direction if any appear.   Otherwise the naughty mice have eaten them.   I do know I have one hole in the wall where a family of fieldmice live in the winter - I am rather fond of them but if it is a case of mice versus alliums I shall have to make a decision.

I shall go and heat up a tin of soup to eat with my cheese scone.   Looking forward to it.   See you all tomorrow. 

15 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Thank goodness for helpful friends who can tame your unruly computer and do your shopping willingly plus bring your a cheese scone as a surprise!

Hope your alliums pop up soon or perhaps you can purchase some plants to put in while mouse food in the wild is plentiful and they don't need your allium bulbs to ward off starvation.

Sorry for the cold weather there. We've have hot weather for several days but after rain tomorrow, it'd due to get cooler with lows overnight near freezing.

Hugs!

Rachel Phillips said...

I wonder what you did to the computer. I always think, and say, it is impossible to do anything wrong! Good to hear it is working and thank you for the emails re. clothes buying; it was clearly alright then.

Melinda from Ontario said...

I discovered a mouse on my veranda yesterday when I was sweeping up the seeds under my bird feeder. Mousey has made a nice little seed storage area behind an ornamental basket I keep out there. When I moved the basket she stared up at me with the sweetest little eyes. I immediately moved my bird feeder to the back garden and I'm thinking Miss Mousey will soon follow. Mice are sweet little creatures as long as they're not underfoot. I'm glad your computer issue got sorted out.

Bonnie said...

You have the kindest and most helpful friends! I'm happy they could straighten out your naughty computer. Our weather seems to be still trying to decide which way to go. We've had a few warmer days but then it slips back to cold again. I don't mind except that sometimes it goes straight from winter to summer and I hate to miss out on Spring!

Ellen D. said...

Good that your friends were able to sort out your computer woes. It can be confusing, altho, I usually just restart my computer when something goes wrong because that often clears up the problem. I have my son to help me out when I get stuck!

Barbara Rogers said...

I agree with all comments made before I got here! I may be a new "friend on your blog" but I am happy to hear you have people around to help on these tasks. May all of us as we get older, be so lucky or blessed! And may all of us on the way in our years reach out and give a helping hand to anyone who needs it!

Heather said...

I 'shout' for my youngest daughter to sort out my computer problems. She invariably puts things right for me.
Very chilly here too. Lovely in the sun but the breeze has a real bite to it. I have plenty of cosy jumpers and scarves so it doesn't really bother me. I am a wimp when it is very hot in summer and do my hibernating then.

Debby said...

What would we do without friends?

Joanne Noragon said...

How fortunate to have friends who will tame a misbehaving computer! And buy a scone for lunch.

Anonymous said...

I think mice are the loveliest little creatures to draw. I'm sure our West Coast farmers think very differently about mice - I have experienced some mice plagues in the country where the road moves with swarms of them at night. A Japanese cyclists told me many years ago, that they had been 'paraded by Minnie Mouse' across the Nullabor, which I finally translated as 'plagued by many mice.". I think he and his mate were very brave to cycle across the Nullabor, especially with big semitrailers whooshing by.-Pam, Aust.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Naughty mice, naughty computers and naughty weather - that's a lot to put up with. I don't blame you for not taking a walk, that east wind has a sharp edge to it.

Librarian said...

Now I want a cheese scone and bowl of soup for my lunch! The chilly and wet weather we've been having for the past three days (we really, really need the rain) is certainly soup weather. But you don't easily come across cheese scones here, short of baking them yourself.
Like Rachel, I wonder what went wrong with your computer. Maybe with your tremor, you sometimes press something that should not be pressed at that moment.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Librarian - absolutely correct in your assumption.

As usual - thank you for replying.

The Feminine Energy said...

It turned cold here too, Weaver. Pooey. The warmth was just enough of a tease, I suppose, to make us long for summer days. I just want some sun, to be honest. The gloom is making me goofy!! ~Andrea xoxo

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes Feminine Energy I think we are all desperate for some warm sunshine.