Monday 18 April 2022

Busy day.

 I had nothing planned for today and was expecting it to be a very quiet day.   Instead far from it.   I walked early and I did arrive home feeling a little more energetic than usual.   I decided to have a quick coffee and then make a start on cleaning out my coat and trouser wardrobe.   No soon had I sat down with a coffee than the door bell rang and there was my step grandson with his partner and their two children aged four and six.   What a lovely surprise.  Because of covid it is more than two years since I saw them although they actually live quite near.   We had a lovely morning together with lots of laughs and the children were pure delight - so well-behaved and such lovely children - a credit to their mum and dad.

They had a coffee  and stayed to chat for quite a long time.   By the time they went and I had heated up my lunch it was almost two in the afternoon.   And I decided to do the five walks of my patio - I did them although I didn't find it easy.   My neighbour M has her daughter staying with her Bull Mastiff dog, Theo.   We had a long chat through the gate and by the time I went in from that it was time for my cup of tea.

My friend W arrived reminding me that it was our evening for Zoom with our friends P and D in The Lakes at 5.30pm!  That over - lots of laughs and chat about various things as usual- it was time for my tea - just a toasted tea cake and a cup of tea - a wash up of today's pots and now - at a quarter past seven - here I am opening up my computer for the first time today.

Phew!   Busy day, lots to do.   No coathanger tidied today although I vowed to take one hanger out of the wardrobe each day.  Many of the trousers in the wardrobe either no longer fit (yes, I admit my hips have spread rather over the past couple of years) or are well past their sell-by date.   I can really only do this job a bit at a time as I can't stand longer unaided.

So 'tomorrow is another day' as they say.   See you all then.

24 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

I imagine you were exhausted by the end of all this.

Anonymous said...

What a day of surprises!
We were so pleased that they were
all pleasant ones for you.
You will sleep well tonight!
Wendy (Wales)

busybusybeejay said...

What a busy day.
Barbarax

Country Cottage said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day.

JayCee said...

I hope that you don't have too many trousers to sort through!

Barbara Rogers said...

I've also been doing more household tasks that are kind of spring cleaning, and there's quite a pile of clothes to give to the local thrift store soon. My spreading body is a slight bit different than yours, but has impacted my waistline definitely! Stay safe in your goals! So glad you had such a good time today!

Heather said...

What a lovely surprise your unexpected visitors gave you, and the wardrobe can wait for another day.
Although not as bright a day here, it was definitely warmer when I went for my walk this morning. The first day I haven't worn a coat or gloves.

Minigranny said...

Spring is coming and your sap is rising ! Glad you had such a perfect day.

Ellen D. said...

You certainly had a busy day. Glad you had so many happy moments with friends and family. Sleep well!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Too right Rachel.

Chris said...

Pat, I'm amazed that you get through the day without a nap! I can't wait to put my head down after lunch and on the days when I have other plans I really miss it.

Susan said...

Seeing your step-grandson and his family after an absence of 2 years (due to Covid) required lots of catching up. It sounds like a very nice visit.

Barbara Anne said...

What a lovely day you've had! How nice the family came to visit and spent such a long time with you, best that the children were fun to be with and the rest of the day was busy, too. I'm with Chris and would have needed a nap.

No doubt that you're tucked in bed so I'll wish you sweet dreams.

Hugs!

Joanne Noragon said...


Today was far better than cleaning a closet! Tomorrow is soon enough.

Debby said...

I'm with Joanne on this one! Given the choice between grands and great grands and your closet...well...the clothes will still be hanging there tomorrow.

Hilde said...

What a nice and busy day! The clothes will wait patiently until you have time for them.
Hilde in Germany

Librarian said...

Sounds like the kind of day you enjoy most, with plenty of chatting and laughing. Well done having fit in your walk early, plus the patio exercise!

Jules said...

A lovely day. The best kind of busy. X

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank you for all your jolly comments. Not having a nap did tell - I didn't wake until eight this morning. Luckily it is the day when I manage without a carer.

thelma said...

Lovely surprises all round Pat.

Derek Faulkner said...

Walking round half of the reserve this morning, I counted 19 Coot's nests, all with with eggs and a Skylark's nest with three near fully feathered chicks.
I also saw 5 Yellow Wagtails and 5 Swallows.

Melinda from Ontario said...

What a delightfully rich day. It must have been so exciting to have a surprise family visit after such a long period of not seeing them. I was so tired from the preparation of an Easter dinner for my inlaws on Sunday that I took Monday off. If anyone had showed up at my door yesterday, I might have been forced to hide under my bed.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wonderful Derek - I am green with envy.

Waking up late this morning and having no carer has made me late and tired all day. It is now 9.30 and I am on my way to an early night.

Thanks for calling in everyone.

Rachel Phillips said...

You are probably still recovering from yesterday. An early night is good.