Thursday 28 October 2021

Ear time again

 It was down to Ripon by taxi again today about my ears.   None of the lovely weather of last time; today was heavily clouded, very windy but not cold.  Taxi again and this time J took me so we had a very different conversation girl to girl and I enjoyed that too.   The first thing on arrival was that, after a week of putting drops in my ears, I had my  ears syringed.   Not particularly pleasant but it didn't  hurt and they felt fantastic afterwards.

Then I had the moulds taken.   For the five minutes it took the moulds to set I had to sit very still and not talk - in fact I almost dropped asleep and woke up with a start. 

Then I rang my taxi driver in the car park and she drove round the one way system to collect me.   During this time I had a lovely conversation with the man who is making my hearing aids.   Now it is wait three weeks and he will ring me when they are ready for him to fit.   I have to say I feel bettter for the syringe and can hear better.  Can't imagine what 'gunge' he got out of there.

Now I shall settle down to watch The Hairy Bikers in the North of England - my home countryside.

Back tomorrow.

11 comments:

The Feminine Energy said...

"The Hairy Bikers"???!!! This title made me laugh-out-loud since my husband and I ride a motorcycle. I'm certainly not "hairy" and he isn't much either. I got a good giggle out of that one. So glad your ears are better. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Rachel Phillips said...

Why did they take the hearing test readings before you had your ears syringed or was this a second syringing?

Melinda from Ontario said...

I can relate to your nearly dropping off to sleep while waiting for the ear moulds to set. I have a bad habit of falling asleep at the hair salon. There's something about having my scalp massaged along with the conversations around me and the white noise of hair dryers that sends me off to La La land. It's embarrassing when I have to be woken up to change chairs. I'm glad your appointment went so well. I would love to have a good ear syringe.

Heather said...

We'll both be as good as new by Christmas! I don't need hearing aids yet but I'm sure my ears would benefit from a good syringing. But I have a sight test booked, Covid booster booked, dentist booked, had the flu jab, the chiropodist has been and I have an appointment for the Lymphoedema clinic next month. Haven't been for 2 years owing to the pandemic.
From the news I know the north has had horrendous rainfall. I do hope all are safe even though there must be local flooding.

Chris said...

That's you sorted for the next little while! I hate having anything in my ears but would probably benefit from a good cleanout.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Rachel - I asked him that too - he said the test was not affected by the wax in my ears and I must say that although I have had them syringed they feel better but I can't really say I hear any more clearly.

Susan said...

I'm glad you feel better having had your ears syringed. Soon you'll have the new hearing aids and this should improve your hearing overall. Conversing with friends and relatives will be even more enjoyable.

Joanne Noragon said...

Another job getting done.

Bonnie said...

It's good to get that appointment behind you. Before you know it you will have those new hearing aids! I hope you enjoyed The Hairy Bikers. I know you enjoy seeing the countryside there.

Librarian said...

Your mention of Ripon and its one-way system made me so nostalgic for that beautiful little town for a moment! I think I will have to read The Ripon Gazette online today during my lunch break.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes Librarian it is a delightful little town I agree. Now that I no longer drive the only time I go is when I have some appointment like my hearing aids and then I go by taxi and it hasn't changed a bit since it was one of my regular ports of call.