Wednesday 17 March 2021

Piccadilly Circus

 Yes - it really has resembled Piccadilly  Circus here this morning.  First of all my carer J arriving  'on the dot' at seven thirty, then at nine fifteen A came with my order from the Deli (still waiting to be unpacked).   Hardly had she disappeared when the Physiotherapist came to walk down the road with Priscilla and I to check on how I was walking and no sooner had we had our walk and shut and locked the garage where Priscilla lives, than friends S and T called to collect my bank card so that they can get me some cash.   I am anticipating the appearance of my gardeners D and J any day and they like payment in cash.  It is still only a quarter to eleven and I am pretty shattered.

I am also in a bit of a state about my blog.   I am enjoying reading The Bike Shed so I decided to put him on my side bar.   It is a long time since I added anyone to my list and I must have pressed a wrong button somewhere.   Instead of coming up under my normal blog list he appeared in red along the top.   I went back to the beginning to change it and I have inadvertently completely removed my whole blog list.  I tried ringing my son to ask him to help but he must have already started teaching - I have left a message on his answer phone.   Now I am telling you all.   Is there a whizz kid out there who can tell me how  to get my blog list back where it belongs please?

Obviously an eventful day - I shall put this on and go back to a coffee from the flask J has left for me and then relax with The Times until S and T return with my money.

Thank you so much Bike Shed for your detailed guide to getting back to normal.   Before I could follow your instructions my son has redone my list for me, taking off a lot of people I haven't blogged with for years and adding one or two new ones.  So thank you D for your help.   I have just sat here and read through them all and I can't help thinking it was a blessing in disguise that I wiped my Blog List off - this is a much more up to date one.   However - should you be a blogger who does usually blog with me and your name is not on my Blog List - please make sure you blog with me so that I can add anyone that has been missed.    Not sure you are here Si - if not do let me know - I just can't imagine managing without your lovely photographs and your constant update on Newark - my old stamping ground of yore.

23 comments:

Jennyff said...

I saw the list had gone, I use you to bounce round various other blogs so I am missing it too. Best of luck getting it back, I am clueless at anything IT.

Just Because said...

Meh! technology is great until it isn't! That is what I always say. I find it so frustrating not being able to fix these things myself and having to call on a younger person to help me. I always say "ask the youngest person in the room" (before lockdown!)
Really I find if there is a nine year old there they usually can fix it! Good luck!

Tasker Dunham said...

Like a Wallace Arnold's bus tour.

Librarian said...

That was indeed a quick succession of people and events! More in one morning than many have in one week, I dare say.
Sorry, can't help with the blog list on your side bar. My reading list is only visible to myself (on my dashboard); I have checked through settings to see if I can find anything useful for you, but couldn't see anything that might help.

Heather said...

That does sound like a hectic morning. Hope you put your feet up and enjoy the coffee.
Sorry that I can't offer any helpful advice with your blog list. I have to shout for my daughter for any strange happenings on my laptop.

Ellen D. said...

Such a busy morning! You will have to relax for the rest of the day.
I don't know how to add blog lists but I do use yours to visit many of the blogs I like so I hope you can get it fixed! Thanks so much!

The bike shed said...

Well thank you for adding my blog to the list even if you then deleted it!

To revive it, you must first go to your Blogger dashboard

Then on the left-hand side click the label called LAYOUT - it will show a simplified version of display blocks on your blog.

Then scroll down and you will see a block called SIDEBAR or possibly RIGHT HAND SIDEBAR

Underneath in blue it should say + ADD A GADGET

Click this and a window will pop up with various gadgets - scroll down and you will see one called BLOG LIST

Add that gadget - save - and you should be good to go.

You may need to add the blogs again though






thelma said...

The Bike Shed has shown the way but I should wait for your son to initiate it. I tried this morning to go back on my history to see if I could get the list for you but earlier entries seem to have disappeared. Don't worry too much about it, all can be saved eventually but slowly. A computer expert could probably restore it easily, apparently it is all out there on the net!

Rachel Phillips said...

When you have added the gadget as per Bike Shed's guide, if you check the box for "blogs I am following" it will bring up your list and you can add and save. However I am not sure whether you add yourself to followers on blogs or not. If you don't, that box will not necessarily help.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank you all so much for your helpful advice - I need to wait now until my mind is fresh -- well as fresh as it ever is these days.

Gerry Snape said...

Bah humbug to all techie stuff...I'm glad I can still read the daily posts...much love..Gx

Gerry Snape said...

Bah humbug to all techie stuff...I'm glad I can still read the daily posts...much love..Gx

Debby said...

Oh Jennyff, how wonderful it is when someone admits to doing the same thing I do. Weaver and Going Gently are my bounce blogs. :)

Bonnie said...

You certainly have had a busy day with people coming and going all morning! I would just relax and rest for now and deal with the blog later. Anytime I try to do techie things when I am tired or stressed I will make mistakes. You can still post and read and that is fine for now. Maybe your son can help later. I find mistakes on Blogger are far too easy to accidentally make!

Joanne Noragon said...

I just hate messing up my blog page and needing to relearn to redo.

am said...

Hello Weaver of Grass. This is serendipitous. I met you long ago at Solitary Walker's blog and although I visit relatively few blogs these days, I will be visiting your blog now.

I'm a slow train kind of person, too, and love your header. I'm a walker who stops to look. Looking at your photo is like being there.

I'm a slow train kind of person.

I need time to stand and stare.

If it comes to travelling quickly

I'm not going anywhere.

Terra said...

Oh thank goodness you got your blog list back. I find it very upsetting when I try to make a slight change in something online and everything goes kabluey. Odd unintended changes occur. Good you got it all straightened out, now I will take a look to see if my blog is still on your blog roll.

Jules said...

I see your list now, so you've clearly got it sorted. I rarely make changes to mine, as I'm worried I'll get it all wrong :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Glad your blog list is back up and running again! Thanks for visiting! I haven't visited your blog for a while so it's good to be back!

The bike shed said...

Good morning - and glad to be of help. My post last night was in part inspired by your excellent blog. So glad I found it.
Off for my jab today... hey ho!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone.

Jennifer said...

Hello Pat! What a busy day you had. That's great news about your updated blog list! :)

Jane said...

Is parsnip and Two Square Dogs still AWOL ?!