Thursday 26 September 2019

Thursday

Today the World Cycling Championships came across the bottom of my road.   This particular race was for the  'Young Men' - the Mens' Race comes through our little town on Sunday.   I had intended to walk to the end of the road to see it but the heavens opened at the time it was due to go past and as my walking is so very bad at the moment (owing to a strained ligament in my left knee which is affecting my right ankle) I thought better of it.   My neighbour and friend H went and said it was quite a sight and very well-organised.

It has not been a nice day.   I went into town early in order to do a small amount of shopping before going for my weekly hair-do and then I came straight home afterwards and took Tess round the estate as this is not a day when she gets a longer walk.  We walked in the rain but she doesn't seem to mind.   The afternoon was spent having a cup of tea and a chat with my neighbour who has a birthday today.   It is one of those days when it is chilly and damp and yet the Central Heating has not switched on - may be I have just not yet acclimatised to Autumn.

The 'Goings-on' in Parliament over the last few days -  in fact over the last months - have really distressed me, as I am sure they have so many people.   There really seems to be no sense of pulling together, no sense of trying to get the job done.   It is all arguing and shouting until it makes one wonder just where we are going to end up.    Best to get a good book (it is not a good TV night tonight), settle down and just try to forget about it all I think.

12 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

I watched the two hours in Parliament last evening and thoroughly enjoyed it and really admired Boris Johnson for the way he stuck it out against all those MP's still determined to wreck Brexit, in any way that they can. Best of all, Boris bravely offered those Labour idiots the chance to raise a Vote of no Confidence in him, they turned it down! - he offered a General Election, they turned it down! - what exactly will they have the bottle to accept.

angryparsnip said...

If Tess is like my Winston they like the rain. I have to drag Winston in because he just likes being out in the rain.
parsnip

Heather said...

A very mixed day here too, weatherwise. Fresher but still not cold.
I feel as you do with the current state of affairs, or the state of current affairs! None of it makes sense and I can't do anything about it. What will be, will be. I'm just about to settle down with a good book, or three!

Tom Stephenson said...

Re the goings-on, there seems no will to reunite the country by the PM, just the opposite. It's disgraceful.

Joanne Noragon said...

I think your plan is perfect.What book are you reading?

Cro Magnon said...

I saw film of some poor cyclist hitting a huge puddle, and coming off. Dreadful. As for our so-called politicians..... I bloody despair!

Librarian said...

I know what you mean about chilly wet days that still seem to be too warm for the heating to switch on. It is the dampness, I guess, that makes us feel the temperature lower than what it actually is. You should see me with my cosy blanket on the settee, looking like mid-winter already, and it is barely autumn yet!

Rachel Phillips said...

Remain MPs are a most pathetic bunch of people.

Derek Faulkner said...

Couldn't agree more Rachel and the whole reason that we continue to be in this mess.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone. I can't help thinking that we would be better in Westminster at the moment than the lot that are there.

Meanqueen said...

The whole Westminster thing is a shambles. I can't see anything that will unite the country, it's stalemate and neither side will budge. The way people are shouting at each other is disgusting. No wonder young people are going off the rails when they see how adults are behaving.

Christine said...

Dr.Ekpen Your spell worked and brought my husband back to me. You gave me support when I was feeling hopeless. I feel truly blessed to have found your email address. I sincerely hope others will take that leap of faith and let you help them as you have helped me.for those of you who want to contact him reach him on his email address: (ekpentemple@gmail. com) you will never regret contacting him… He is capable of restoring your relationship and marriage problems like he did for me.