Thursday 21 February 2019

Pleasure

One never knows where and when pleasure is going to strike.   Today was a busy day - manicure at nine this morning, followed immediately by a wash and blow dry for my hair (can't let Tess upstage me) and then a dash over to near Bedale for my six weekly visit to my Physiotherapist.   I didn't arrive home for my lunch until twelve o'clock and I had said I would go to play for the Alzheimer's Group in Richmond to be there for 2pm (taken by friend W).   I was almost too tired to eat my lunch and wondered whether to say I wouldn't go, but I wasn't driving once I got to W's and I knew if I stayed at home I would just sit and go to sleep.   So I went.

And what a lovely meeting it was - the most there we had ever had - the room was full of patients and carers and we all had a good old sing of the old songs they all remember.   Everyone enjoyed it, many came alive whereas often they sit quietly and do nothing, or even fall asleep.   Today everyone was lively and interested.   I came home at 3.30pm feeling totally refreshed myself -much better than falling asleep on the sofa at home.   Now I can go to bed and sleep well - I hope.   So good night.

14 comments:

justjill said...

Sometimes its all about giving isnt it. You get so much back from it. Sleep well.

the veg artist said...

For me today the pleasure has been in a small seed tray, covered with cling film and sitting on the kitchen windowsill for just a few days, now sporting two healthy looking rows of tiny seedlings. Spring is a-coming, folks!

Chris said...

Even it is an effort to get yourself out, I find it is almost always worth it.

Joanne Noragon said...

You know, this is a pretty perfect kind of day. Satisfactory and comfortable tiring.

angryparsnip said...

awww just wonderful

cheers, parsnip

Terra said...

Now that was a busy and a happy day.

Cro Magnon said...

A good sing-song lifts the spirits, and being busy keeps you young.

Jomo said...

I thank you for your kindness Weaver my mum had Alzheimers and I appreciate the value of what you are givingx sometimes when we least feel up to it we get more out of it.It was sunny here in Coventry and a lovely afternoon so I ventured outdoors. So glad I did as I spoke to neighbours and a little girl who was waiting for her mummy to stop talking!I did a bit of gardening too all very satisfying.I am also in a bungalow and have been here for three months x

Librarian said...

Your remark about Tess upstaging you made me smile, thank you!
Yes, sometimes I am too tired or simply don't feel like going out again after work, but I very, very rarely cancel an appointment and am always glad I went to whatever it is I was supposed to go.

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day and brought pleasure to others as well.

Jennyff said...

It would have been easy and understandable for you to call off but you didn't, your audience was happy and you were gratified. Sometimes life works out just fine if we make an effort, a lesson for us all. Well done.

Gwil W said...

Wow!
Take a
bow.

Heather said...

How lovely that the pleasure you gave to the patients bounced right back and refreshed you too. So often making that little bit of effort is very rewarding.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely Spring day today. Thanks folks for your comments.