Tuesday 14 August 2018

Synchronisation

The saying usually is that if you want something doing then you ask a busy person and they will fit it in.   Well sometimes this misfires.   Friend W and I are so busy - writers' circle, book group, circle dancing, singing for the brain, ukulele practices and concerts, friends coming to stay - the list goes on.   We are busy - and I assure you we both want to be - while we can do things we intend to do them.   You are a long time dead.

But the upshot is that there is no time during September when we can find a few days when we are both free and commitments are commitments.  So our few days away may have to be in October.   In my teaching days I always looked forward to the October half term, which usually fell on my birthday and the weather was almost always beautiful - Autumn leaves, pleasant weather - a perfect time of the year. 

So we are relaxed about when we can take a break - the time will come even if it is later rather than sooner.  

In the meantime jobs pile up.   My courgettes are moving apace;  my runner beans are in full bloom but no beans large enough to eat yet - must not be impatient.   Party for my grand daughter, husband and my great grand daughter before long, when they pass through - I am already thinking of buffet menus for one vegetarian, two pescatarians and a couple of us who eat more or less anything.

Outside grey skies predominate today and a slight light rain is falling most of the time - not enough to dampen the ground but enough to make one aware that rain is never far away.

So it is back to the drawing board as far as a break is concerned - but we will get there one of these days.

12 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I wish I had your energy and spirit, Pat.

Rachel Phillips said...

Sometimes holidays have to take precedence and one has to say "I am not available because I will be away for a few days then". Simple. Pick a date, book it, and go for it. Taking holidays, with new experiences, or old for that matter, are just another of all the other things you do and just as important.

Sue in Suffolk said...

October can be lovely weather as long as you're not camping as the evenings can get chilly! But I don't expect you were planning a week under canvas. :-)

Derek Faulkner said...

I tend to agree with Rachel on this one, it's not as if you are in full time employment and owe somebody a commitment - time to put yourself first me thinks.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do agree with Derek and Rachel on the whole thing - but some of the things we have planned are really commitments we cannot ignore and in any case we really want to do them.

Ivy said...

So good to keep yourself busy! You set a good example for many of us future ladies/men of a somewhat older age.

https://ruraltownliving.blogspot.com

Derek Faulkner said...

Guess you need to book something sharpish for October then before you promise further things you cannot ignore.
Long range weather forecast for the next month suggests that you are going to get plenty of the wet stuff to keep you happy while we get lots of warm and dry weather. No doubt it'll all change.

angryparsnip said...

I was one of the busy people. At one time ai had 3 children and three different schools. To much to do .
I now have more time but not always the health to enjoy my free time. Busy busy bust days.

cheers, parsnip and badger

Heather said...

All those commitments make me feel quite tired, and a bit lazy. Get a booking made as soon as you can both fit one in, then everything else will have to wait a while.

Joanne Noragon said...

Your time is sure booked. Have fun.

Alphie Soup said...

When you list your activities, as you have, then you certainly do lead a busy life.
Alphie

Librarian said...

If you can time your break around your birthday, that will be an extra birthday treat for you, won't it!
My sister and I are very much looking forward to our Yorkshire holiday in October, hoping for reasonably good weather so that we can enjoy walks and hikes in beutiful countryside covered in autumn colours.