Sunday 3 September 2017

Sunday

How does crab cakes with chips and salad sound for Sunday lunch?    I had grown tired of roast joint and tired of salmon florentine and so thought I would have one of the starters with the addition of a few chips.   A wise choice - it was delicious.

We do enjoy our Sunday lunches - four widows, ranging in age from early seventies to ninety six.   Our ninety six year old said today that coming out each Sunday to lunch had transformed her life - I think we all feel the same.

The day started off beautifully here with early morning sun but by mid afternoon it had clouded in and a light rain fell.

Another week begins - a very busy week for me, so much so that I have had to curtail my interests tomorrow (no ukulele) in order to take back my library books, pay my council tax, post a batch of business letters (after I have first written them) and also do a little bit of cleaning up as my cleaning lady is ill and can't come for a week or two.   And that is without the obligatory two boxes which I am making myself pack every day.

10 comments:

Terra said...

You sound like me, having a lot of commitments since we are retired and recent widows. Lots to do and you are moving, always a big project. I have lived in my house since 1984 and have been clearing out stuff. Your lunch group sounds like a great spirit lifter.

Jules said...

Lunch sounds delicious and I imagine it would be a bit of a treat to eavesdrop as you and your discerning group of ladies put the world to rights as you dined. X

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Sounds amazing to me. But I'm much less reticent than you on the chip front!

Rachel Phillips said...

Enjoy your Monday and don't work too hard! x

angryparsnip said...

Your Lunch sounds wonderful.
I am so happy you have all found a wonderful way to spend Sunday.

cheers, parsnip

Penny said...

I am packing too, going through books at the moment. What a job.

Joanne Noragon said...

As my grandmother used to say, "Pull up your corset strings ladies; we have work to do." You have a good week.

Cro Magnon said...

Sounds like your Sunday Lunch has set you up for the week. Have you packed all your 'farm souvenirs'? I'm sure there are little objects that you've become used to seeing every day that should go with you to your new home.

Librarian said...

I'm not into seafood, so you are very welcome to have all the crab cake :-) I do like well-made chips, though; the "chunky" kind, and they have to be VERY hot in order for me to like them.
It is certainly the sensible thing to do when you have so much on your to-do list, to skip ukulele this one time. Just don't overdo things, especially as you said your cleaning lady can not help you this week.

Unknown said...

I'm much less reticent than you on the chip front!


หนังผี