Tuesday 5 September 2017

Back at last.

I had a bit of a gremlin in my computer and I just have not got the ability to get rid of it.   It is the week that my son starts back teaching and in addition to this his wife goes into hospital on Friday so he was just too busy to deal with it for me.  But thanks to him all is well again and I am back.   I could not get at my e mails and it was so frustrating.   Don't we get to rely on our computers for communicating?   We have come a long way since our 'Press Button A' Public Telephone Days
haven't we?

Out to lunch today (surprise, surprise) - quiche and salad and chips (delicious) and then a walk with Tess and then tonight two hour's ukulele practise with the band.    Now I have come in pretty tired.

My son brought me a present of six Bounty Bars (my favourite sort of chocolate) so I am now going to indulge myself in having one for supper with my Horlicks!!

 

13 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

Night night. I am tired after my day out and just off to bed. I wondered what had happened to your earlier post.

Mac n' Janet said...

Glad you got it straightened out, I'm lost without my computer.

crafty cat corner said...

Yes, these computers are fine all the time they are working okay but otherwise I often want to put mine in the bin. Those bounty bars sound good, haven't had one in years.
Briony
x

Joanne Noragon said...

I've completely lost my taste for chocolate and candy. Ice cream, another matter.

angryparsnip said...

So happy to hear your computer is better ! ! !

cheers, parsnip

Darwin Girl said...

Welcome back.

Chris said...

Wish we could get Horlicks here - we used to have it but it seems to have gone AWOL recently. Nice lunch, my favourite but without the chips.

Librarian said...

I hope your daughter-in-law will be well again soon, and I'm glad your son could make time for sorting your computer problem in spite of this and school starting again.
Funnily enough, I had quiche last night - Sunday's leftovers, when I made one for O.K. and myself -, and Bounty is my favourite chocolate bar, too! I just love coconut in combination with chocolate, irresistible to me.

mrsnesbitt said...

Horlicks - brings back memories Pat. Mum loved it.

Heather said...

Glad your gremlins have been banished. You are so right - I feel almost bereft and quite useless when my laptop gets a glitch.
Bounty Bars! My favourites too, especially the dark chocolate ones. Fortunately for my waistline they are not so readily available as the milk version.

Tom Stephenson said...

Ah, Horlicks, Bounty and a dashing bloke in a pirate outfit. What more could you wish for?

Grandmother said...

I loved hearing about the bounty bars!!! What a great gift from your son. I hope your daughter in law will be well soon. I enjoy reading your blog.Jean/Winnipeg.

Unknown said...

So happy to hear your computer is better ! ! !


หนังผี