Tuesday 27 June 2017

Tuesday

Today has been cool, wet and quite unpleasant here, but when W and I went into Northallerton
it was much brighter, so maybe the really miserable weather was localised.

The reason for going to Northallerton?   To buy my own ukulele!!  Now I can return friend S's instrument and music stand and break in my own instrument.   I have just played it for half an hour and find it very different although enjoyable and I am sure that  after a bit more playing it will be more comfortable.

The other reason was to look for a new mattress for the bed.  The mattress we had is about twenty five years old and well past its sell-by date.   I have ordered a new orthopaedic one.    For some reason the delivery date is eight weeks away  but I don't suppose that time really matters.

Of course we had to have lunch out - a cheese and chorizo toastie with cole slaw and salad - absolutely delicious.

I do hope the weather improves.   Someone who reads my blog (Frances?) has come up from Hertfordshire to Northumberland for a week's holiday.   She did ask me to order good weather for them and yesterday the weather was so good that I thought the order I put in had done some good but looking at the forecast it looks to be all downhill from now on, so I do apologise for it.  Be assured that we do get some nice weather up here.

14 comments:

justjill said...

Weather better tomorrow. x Hope so. Hope you are doing ok.

Rachel Phillips said...

I trust you are familiar with an orthopaedic bed Weave. They are hard... Weather here is very wet and cold and I had the heating on tonight.

Terra said...

How good of you to order nice weather for your friend. I hope it turns out to be nice the rest of the week for you. I posted a song on my blog that is very meaningful to me, as a recent widow; you might like it too. Or not, tastes differ, ha ha.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Looking forward to some rain over night everything is so dry.

Iris said...

Dang! There is some good food to be had where you live! I hope that the new mattress works out for you because that can be a real tricky thing. I once slept on a mattress at a family overnight stay that felt like a gigantic kitchen sponge. Oi! I prefer a firm mattress, that's the most comfortable for me.

Mac n' Janet said...

Good luck with your own ukulele. You'll enjoy your new mattress when it finally gets to you. Love a firm mattress.

angryparsnip said...

Weather seems bad all over. Just have to hope tomorrow will be better.

cheers, parsnip and thehamish

donna baker said...

Seems everyone is ordering those beds that lift to different positions and change from soft to hard. I never order the right bed. They are always too hard. I have gone from a king-sized to a queen-sized and don't miss the extra room.

Cro Magnon said...

We have just had a new mattress. A nice big, deep, firm, mattress that makes life so much better (even if it doesn't cure my insomnia).

Derek Faulkner said...

Blimey, that's a long time time to have a mattress for. Adapting to a new mattress isn't always a straightforward thing, my partner recently changed to a new one at £800 and was in so much discomfort after a month that she had to send it back and try yet another one. After the groans about last week's beautiful weather I'm amused that people are now hoping that it improves for the better again - so British.

Jules said...

The weather has been pretty miserable here the last few days. At one point I almost put the heating on! X

Sue said...

If it's any consolation it's pouring with rain in France!

Librarian said...

That toastie sounds delicious - I want one now!!
Congratulations on getting your own ukulele! I am sure, as you say, you'll feel very comfortable playing it with more practise.
Could you order good weather for my sister and I, please? We'll be in Yorkshire from July 9th to 20th :-)
Here, after a long hot spell with days well above 30 Celsius, we've had thunderstorms and very necessary rain. It is much cooler now. I enjoy the summer weather, but I know the rain is important, and don't really mind it, especially not as I am spending most of the day in an office anyway.

Bovey Belle said...

We had to change our mattress a few years back and went for a memory foam one, which I heartily recommend. I hope your new one proves comfortable when it finally arrives (they are obviously having to set to and MAKE IT now!!)

With hills, mmountains and valleys I guess weather can be very localized. Here it isn't - if it looks like it will rain, it doesn't go round us but over!!

Sod's Law decrees that now it is post pollen season (for me anyway) and I can walk daily again, the rain has arrived. Ah well, I shall just have to get wet.