Tuesday 8 December 2015

Watching the waistline.

My 'normal' Tuesday morning involves going into town to the Post Office for my pension (one of the perks of getting old) with friend W.   Then we meet friend C and all go to our lovely local cafe The Post Horn for coffee and scones.   The best cheese and/or fruit scones in North Yorkshire I always call them.

By the time I get back home it is time to think about preparing lunch and of course I am still full of scone, so never feel like eating much lunch.
 
This afternoon friend G called in the middle of a rainstorm  (it has, on the whole, been a very pleasant day) and our planned visit turned out to be a flop in that the candle makers, where we planned to go, was closed.  So instead we went to yet another cafe for coffee and a mince pie.   This meant that when I came in at tea time I didn't feel a bit like eating anything and actually just had an apple.

Today's healthy eating plan has gone out of the window.

16 comments:

Hildred said...

Oh well, Pat - there is always tomorrow!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

It was glorious today apart from one very sharp squall that got me for about ten minutes while I was running! Me, I ate too many frankfurters. I love them!

Heather said...

At least you had an apple, and if those scones are all you say they are, they must be full of good wholesome ingredients.

Dawn said...

well fruit scones, mincemeat full of fruit and your apple you must have managed your five for today :-)

donna baker said...

Pat, I just finished eating an apple, but you had me at scone. My favorite thing in the world. Wish I could make a good one. I do have a recipe for an oat scone that is good, and I haven't made them in ages...

Wilma said...

I am envious of food today.

Wilma said...

That should be "envious of YOUR food"!

John Going Gently said...

Sod it, its almost christmas

A Heron's View said...

Never make plans that your body cannot keep....

Derek Faulkner said...

You never mentioned if the farmer got to have a dinner as a result of your not feeling hungry.

Bovey Belle said...

Well, you did some walking about in between the buns, so that's probably counted for something! Amazed to find I have lost 4 lbs when I stepped on the scales this morning. Not quite sure how, tbh!

Rachel Phillips said...

That would have put me all out of kilter.

potty said...

Completely the wrong time of the social year to try to lose any weight. One of the (few) things we miss about not living in the UK is the Cheese or Cherry scone. A garden centre outside of York used to be an almost daily venue.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Derek - yes the farmer got a quite normal dinner. And Rachel - it has put me out of kilter too. I am a creature of habit. Thanks to everyone.

Elizabeth said...

As a grumpy old English teacher, I get quite irritated by errors!
Did you read a lovely little book about punctuation called "Eats Shoots and Leaves"?
Such fun!

Unknown said...

At least you had an apple, and if those scones are all you say they are, they must be full of good wholesome ingredients. christmas loans