Sunday 18 August 2013

Out to Lunch

Next week it is friend G's birthday, so today I took her out to lunch to a lovely pub quite near here in the village of Finghall - The Queen's Head.   It is a lovely pub with a lovely atmosphere and a delicious menu!

Our visit coincided with the Bentley Owners' Club outing to The Dales, so there were some super cars in the car park.   I have put on two photographs of our puddings (first course and main for us both was crayfish and apple salad followed by roast beef and Yorkshire pudding),   G had the blackberry and almond tart and I had lemon syllabub with poached gooseberries.   I thought I would put the images on to whet your appetites.   I dare say the Bentley will whet a few appetites too.

The farmer has been on one of his group walks today and when he came back I had to laugh.   It is usually me who does something silly but today it was him.   He put his car in his cousin's yard (his cousin had told him to leave it there any time he wished to) and went off on the walk.   When he returned the yard gate is locked and the house is all locked up.   Have they gone on holiday?   Have they gone out for the day?   He doesn't know.  My daughter in law has taken him up to another cousin's farm a few miles away as the farmer thinks he might have a key to the gate.   I await the outcome, but we are supposed to be meeting our God-daughter in Sedbergh tomorrow for lunch, so it is exciting times around here.

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

had to laugh Pat! xxxxx

Em Parkinson said...

Where are those foodie photos Pat? I'm feeling the need in the absence of the real thing...

Heather said...

Oh dear! I do hope you get your car back before long. That was a wonderful lunch even without the photos.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lemon Syllabub. Almost as fun to say as it must be to eat! I do feel a bit bad chuckling at The Farmer's fate. But it is funny!
xo

Hildred said...

I am waiting patiently to see if the Farmer was successful in his quest for keys, and if you were able to fulfill your Monday date, Pat. It's things like this that make life interesting!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks for calling.