Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Answers to yesterday's quiz.

As so many of you seem interested, I now feel duty bound to supply you with the answers:

Austen; Browning; Coleridge; De la Mare; Elizabeth I; Frost; Genesis; Joanne Harris; Isaiah;
Sam Johnson; Kipling; Kear; Marie Antoinette; Nelson; Orczy; Pepys; Quixote; Rossetti; Shelley; Tennyson; Uriah Heep; Victoria Regina; Wordsworth; Browning (Fra Lippo Lippi); Yeats; Zola.

Don't think i am exceptionally clever - I compiled the quiz from the Oxford Book of Quotations!

11 comments:

kameleonquilt said...

I managed only 7, and some of them were guesses :-)
Quizzes are fun, though.

Beautiful book cover!

willow said...

I am known to quote Victoria with #17 quite often at the manor! Fun quiz, Weaver.

lakeviewer said...

I took your quiz, recognized many of the quotes, but couldn't really remember who said what. Must be my age. Fun and instructive.

Heather said...

I can't resist having a go at a quiz and enjoyed yours - it was fun to take part.

maggi said...

Thank goodness for the answers. I had fun trying though.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Psst!Sssh, Just between thee and me Weaver,don't tell a soul, but I only got four right. You ain't seen me, right? Pip pip!

Studio Sylvia said...

Thanks for alleviating the wondering.

Poet in Residence said...

Hi,
It's lovely to see your sunny flowers.
Raining here non-stop for 3 days and they say it could go on for another 2 days. Ah well, what are anoraks for?

Derrick said...

I shall sleep soundly now, Weaver, and I notice that the answers follow the alphabet (as much as possible). Some of us are slow on the uptake!

Granny Sue said...

I only got 5, and me a librarian! Terrible, really. But then I am also terrible at remembering book and movie titles...

Rachel Fox said...

Trying to do too much this week...and I would have done a lot better if I'd realised the letter of the alphabet in each case was a clue! Doh!
x