Tuesday 28 June 2022

Just as predicted.

As predicted - as I type this my gardener is mowing the lawn, his helper is busy cutting off all fronds of Mares Tail at ground level and cutting back where necessary and I must go and put the kettle on for their morning drink.   Back later after my return from the hairdresser.Everywhere looks spick and span and so much better so I am really pleased.   This even applies to my hair which has been shampooed and cut this lunchtime. 

Outside the sky is black and it looks very much like rain - but no rain has been forthcoming for days.   Most of it is falling in the West - still I expect Wimbledon is pleased. I watched the magical performance of Raducanu (wearing £35,000 worth of jewellry) as she beat her opponent in straight sets - being still so young she has many years ahead of her and is certainly one to watch.   Andy Murray got through his match too al though I can't really see him beating the top seeds at his age - but every round is an achievement.   And then there is the "whitewash" of England's cricketers over New Zealand too.   Aren't we doing well this week?

It is very sad that all the happenings this week on the sports front, plus Glastonbury and plus the lovely Jubilee weekend when everything when off so swimmingly should be overshadowed by events in Ukraine.   Would that we could all, everywhere, manage to live together in harmony.

I will be with you again tomorrow dear friends and hopefully sometime soon I shall be able to add Cro and Tom back to my list of contacts.   At present, however often I click on 'click here to comment on Google' nothing miraculously works. 

15 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

I am glad you had a good day with the garden and hair. I note that you left a comment on Tom's blog last night so am as ever mystified as ever by your reported blog problems. Why do we need to know the value of a tennis player's jewellery?

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad you have a spiffy lawn. I don't follow tennis at all, but it sounds like you know who's who. Have a great day!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

A fresh mowed lawn and hair done make for a good day.

Derek Faulkner said...

The jewelry wearing by Emma was all part of her contract with Tiffany worth huge sums. One of many huge sum contracts. Nice to see that your gardener has been round and tidied up.
Experiencing a classic autumnal day here in Somerset with heavy grey skies, gales and no sunshine, it's been awful. Looking forward to going back to some nice Kent sunshine.

Heather said...

Glad the rain held off for your gardener to work in your garden. No rain here until late evening but quite gusty wind and lots of cloud. Not very warm either.
I get quite a lot of 'Google Chrome not responding' messages on my laptop, but apart from that it is behaving reasonably well at the moment.

Susan said...

Your garden must look very good having been tended today. It has been beautiful today. Sunny and mild with a light breeze.

Joanne Noragon said...

Gardening done, hair cut, sports wins! A good day.

Bonnie said...

I'm happy you've had a good day with the gardeners coming and you getting your hair done. It does make a difference in how we feel when we get things like this done!

Librarian said...

I love the scent of freshly mowed grass! It is THE scent of summer for me, along with dog roses and peaches.

Rachel Phillips said...

I just left a comment which I guess went into Spam.

Sue in Suffolk said...

A tidy garden and tidy hair - what more does a lady need!
Have a good day today - still a mystery about comments as I've still had no problems anywhere - touch wood

The Weaver of Grass said...

Rachel - I will go and look on Spam when I have read posts. Yes I was cheered when I could get on to Tom's page as well but still not possible with Cro. As to a tennis players jewellry - well I auppoaw these days it ia usual for such things and such venues but it does rather take the shine of it for me.

Thanks everyone.

Latane Barton said...

I found you over at Chris' Always Smiling and love the fact that you are still enjoying life. I am 88 and thought I must be the oldest gal on the internet but you have me beat! Let's go, girl. I am following you now and look forward to many more happy times reading your posts.

Regina M. said...

Was totally surprised this morning, after several days of frustration being unable to understand how to connect via google so I could comment again. Somehow this morning I went in and "added" using Going Gently - then got a negative whereby it wasn't acknowledged....but when I returned to John's comments - there I was now able to do so. I'm confused...will follow up and learn what the heck occurred. Right now I'm late at getting to putting down some cedar chips in my gardens - forecasting 95 degrees Friday. Ugh! Take care...oh, and good: Another 80-something joining you. Our number is increasing. From the base of the mini-mountain in Maine. Hugs!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nice to meet you both Regina and Lalane - yes you can't keep us old 'uns down!

Thanks for calling in all.