Monday 27 June 2022

Better Today

Slightly better today in that there is only one blog I can't leave a comment on and that is Cro's write up on his tomatoes back in UK - I can read it but it asks me to go to Google in order to leave a comment and it doesn't matter how many times I return to Google it does nothing to help me.   But at least it is an improvement.

Well Wimbledon begins today which means almost certain showery weather for the next fortnight.   Up here = 'Far from the madding crowd' so to speak it is quite sunny and a briskish wind and with plenty of cloud blowing over.   Not particularly warm either.

What news is there today?   My cleaner came this morning.   She really is splendid.   I can only imagine what her own house is like but when she leaves here the whole house shines and smells of polish -and we have lovely chats as she  goes back and forth during her two hours here.   She has three sons - one of eleven - one about to go off to College and one about to depart for University so we always have plenty to chat about.

This afternoon my Chiropodist came to tittivate my feet so I feel now to be walking on air.   Once I finish this I shall go outside and water my pots and then after a bit of tea I shall settle down to watch 'Today at Wimbledon'.   I keep expecting my gardener to arrive and at the very least mow the lawn and cut down to ground level the Mares Tail weed - but so far  no sign.   It could be that he is working in the village closed by - it is their Open Gardens on Sunday.

See you again tomorrow friends. 

13 comments:

JayCee said...

It has been pleasantly warm and sunny here today, although with a brisk breeze. Strong winds and heavy rain on their way tonight. Sigh.
I envy your chiropodist treatment. I cannot bear to have anyone touch my feet!

the veg artist said...

Your blogger issues sound very similar to mine. I'm 'logged in' on one or two blogs, but completely unable to leave comments on some, Cro's included. It's a shame.
Enjoy Wimbledon.

Anonymous said...

That clean house smell does make such a difference to one’s mood. I treat myself to a monthly pedicure and find that a great pick me up, especially while my right arm is in a cast and the rest of me looks a bit wild!

The Weaver of Grass said...

My blogger problems a bit better today. I live in hopes.

Melinda from Ontario said...

I just gave my house a quick clean-up. I wish it shined and smelled of polish but I'm settling for tidy. Years ago, I had a summer job in a kitchen and the woman I worked with liked to say, "Let's just give the counters a lick and a promise." It was her way of making a busy day in the kitchen seem more manageable. I often think of that line when I'm scurrying around the house trying to make it presentable. It takes the pressure off.

Rachel Phillips said...

It is known that quite often cleaners who make other people's houses spic and span do not necessarily live that way themselves so assume nothing.

Anonymous said...

...same with carpenters I've heard, and know of a woman who despairs the state of her house and work that needs doing because her husband is a handyman and always working for other people.
I once worked as a nanny for an executive chef of an international Hotel consortium. His wife was overseas and I panicked that whatever I cooked for the family would never be good enough. I need not have worried. His hours were demanding, rarely home, and his cooking basic when he was - a very tired man who had to muster up strength for his children, yet shone in his international career.- Pam

Susan said...

Whenever I have a computer problem, my first attempt at a fix is to power down the computer, wait 5 minutes and start it again. When this does not work, I unplug it from the wall, wait 5 minutes and plug it in again. This has worked many times for me. I also love a nice fresh smelling, clean house with a well stocked pantry. It has rained all night and today as well. We desperately need the rain and I am happy to see everything get refreshed outside.

Librarian said...

Who does not love their house being clean and shiny! It is one of the things I actually look forward to every Friday afternoon, once I have wrapped up work for the week and before I leave for the train station to spend my weekend at O.K.'s, I do my cleaning round and love it.
You often seem to be expecting your gardener without really knowing whether he'll be around or not; do you not have fixed appointments with him? Of course with gardening, much depends on the weather, so I guess he'll often have to play it by ear.

Derek Faulkner said...

Rachel makes a valid point. I had a friend who was employed as a gardener and did a terrific job but whose own garden was a right mess.
I think most of us like a clean and tidy house but you freely admit that you take it to a more extreme level of cleanliness.
Like Librarian says, wouldn't an agreed gardener's visit each week, etc., make more sense.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Over the years the gardener has become a personal friend and I value his work greatly; he is here this morning with his helper and they will n o doubt be here all morning. He suffersthe effects of Long Covid. But he is reliable and knowledgeable and I wouldn't exchange him for anyone else. The weather up here is so variable he really couldn't keep to a schedule.

Thanks as usual everyone.

Rachel Phillips said...

I also know a gardener, tree surgeon who lives in a wilderness which could loosely be called a tip. The cleaners who don't clean their own houses is also not because of lack of time. My brother has a regular day he gardens for me, weather is no stoppage for him. His garden is perfect because his wife does it.

Brenda said...

I am okay on most sites except again can’t respond on her in him
Out 2. Aggravating Good luck
Love your blog