Saturday 1 August 2020

Saturday -

Last evening we really had a most spectacular storm.   The temperature was up to thirty degrees here all afternoon - quite too hot to really do very much.   Then the sky  began to darken and it became quite the most beautiful sky I have ever seen with oranges, blues, greens and strange lights through the very black clouds.   Lots of lightning  but we had very little thunder which leads me to think that the storm was quite a long way away from here.   Today it is a much more pleasant day and the air is much fresher.

We had our usual Zoom coffee morning - always a nice happening on Saturdays and Tuesdays - just six of us - all old friends so all very relaxing.   Then I had decided to make a start on updating my records.   I like to leave all my affairs in good order so I decided to make a start.   When I came to print out the work I found that I couldn't get my printer to work.   It is a new printer and was set up for me by my friend S about a month ago and it worked perfectly so I knew it was something I was doing wrong, but I couldn't work out what it was.  My son got on the phone and tried talking me through the stages and suddenly I realised the stage I was missing out.   I was not 'telling' my printer which model it was!!  One click and like magic it began to print.  Success.

Then I started on my lunch - I made a tray roast (with enough for tomorrow) of good quality pork sausage, red onions, new potatoes, red peppers and courgettes, tossed in olive oil and roasted in the oven with just a sprinkling of salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.   It was delicious.   I wilted a good handful of spinach leaves over the top for the last five minutes - just because I have spinach in the fridge which needed eating up and I know it is good for me (and don't call me Mrs Popeye! (can't think of her name).   And I haven't spoken to many folk today (apart of course from the Zoom coffee girls) - just my son who brought round some bananas for me and the window cleaner who called and gave my windows a good clean.

That has been the extent of the energy I have used up today  - no walk, no exercises.

Just thought - was Mrs Popeye called Olive Oil (answers on a postcard please!)


13 comments:

the veg artist said...

She was called Olive Oyl - at a time when not many of us had ever seen olive oil! Your lunch sounds lovely. I'm not sure I'd go to so much trouble just for myself, but I should.

julie king said...

i had a similar lunch to you! i needed to use up some peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, i always add a sprinkle of chilli flakes, it was lovely x

Virginia said...

Pat, ask your son the computer can be set so your new printer is the "default" setting. I think that's what it's called. At one time I was working between three schools and I had to remember which printer was at which place and select it ... very challenging for a Bear of very little brain! Anyway, that's why I know about selecting a printer. I'm a complete ejit with technology, and rely on younger people helping me.

Your roast dinner sounds delicious, and such a good idea to have enough for tomorrow too. With two of us at home now I often try to get two meals from one set of cooking. Saves me thinking about food planning.

Cro Magnon said...

We had a tiny storm here yesterday. Lots of rumbling thunder, then a few drops of rain. It did no good at all. It wasn't long before we were back to hot-n-dry.

Bonnie said...

You are such a fabulous cook! Everything you prepare always sounds so good. I remember Popeye and Olive Oyl from when I was a child. Today's children have missed out, as I don't think it's been on for many years.

Rachel Phillips said...

Your day sounds totally exhausting.

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

I have to sort my printer too. Apparently, despite it being new, it really doesn't work and has to go back to be swapped. Such things during lockdown were difficult or impossible. I need the printer but am feeling low on enthusiasm for organising things now they have become possible.

Peter said...

She was Olive Oil originally there were several Oil sisters. And I don't think Popeye ever made an honest woman of her, she was always the girl friend, also much lusted after by Brutus.

Heather said...

Your tray bake lunch sounds delicious - I shall try it myself. We could do with a storm down here to clear the air. It has been so humid for days and my energy is totally drained. I haven't been out at all today, and that is the only way I can get anything done. If I don't go out in it I can cope. Awful really, when the weather is so glorious.

Anonymous said...

Her name was Olive OYL not oil.

justjill said...

We had a storm too makes the air so fresh its worth it! I do sell the cards by post. At the moment its the geese, done some herring gulls today, and a gold crest tomorrow. £2 each I dont mind how many or how few. Praps a few to look at first? £2.00 each including p&p to you.

ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...









i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346












































































































































































hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

Raymond said...

Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injection can"t cure. I’ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people’s lives. i read people’s testimonies online on how they were cured of herpes, hiv, diabetics etc by Dr. Nogadu herbal medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with HIV for the past 7 years but Dr. Nogadu cured me with his herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes and they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster, he casts spells to restore broken marriages and good luck spells to prosper and excel in life. Contact Dr. Nogadu on: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com
Phone/Whatsapp no: +2347010627760