Wednesday 17 June 2020

Wednesday

Sorry I missed posting yesterday but for the past two days I have felt quite energetic and I have to take the bull by the horns on such days and get a few jobs done.   I did go on line at around ten last evening, intending to put on a post - but I was just too tired to think of anything!

 I woke up this morning and still felt tired, so no such luck with doing much in the way of jobs today.   But all was not lost.   Once friends knew I had bought a new printer I was inundated with offers to instal it for me.   I could never do it myself.   A said he would do it but after I had accepted I realised that he was working full time and so when S and T offered I accepted and rang A to say he needn't come.   All I can say is that after seeing S instal it I could only say I would have had a nervous breakdown before I had got far
into the instructions with installation.   After they had gone I had to disinfect the computer and printer and all the door handles and such like.   Luckily the whole operation could be achieved without them coming into most of the bungalow.
All the gardening done today was to sweep the patio and I found that jolly hard work. I managed a walk with Percy but really the atmosphere is so very heavy today that everything is a major effort.

Now, at a quarter past seven in the evening, the sky is very cloudy and I begin to wonder whether we shall see some of that thunder and storms which seem to have plagued the Eastern side of the country.

In the garden my rose is out at last, as are some of my pinks and the scent is divine.   My poppies, which are all self-sown are growing so fast that I can almost see them growing.   I promise that when most of them are out I will post a picture.
I will hopefully be back to normal tomorrow (The Repair Shop and The Sewing Bee tonight, so that means a lovely relaxed evening.)

 

17 comments:

JayCee said...

So nice to hear that you have your printer installed and that your flowers are flourishing. We have had a touch of that storm, as you saw in my blog. I do hope that it doesn't come your way. I too am looking forward to tonight's Sewing Bee. I hope that Clare does well again.

Rachel Phillips said...

No storms on this east side of the country.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

We've had an afternoon of thundery showers, but now all is looking refreshed and the blackbird is singing lustily from the tree near my back gate. Glad you got your printer installed and it's now up and running.

Heather said...

It has been very humid here with rain later in the day with a few rumbles of thunder too. Tomorrow is forecast to be heavy rain so I may not get out for a walk. Glad you got your printer up and running. These things are so complicated to instal oneself.

Derek Faulkner said...

No rain or storms on Sheppey in North Kent today but 7 hrs heavy rain due tonight, be amazed if that comes true.

Bonnie said...

I am glad to hear you a doing well! It's good you had a friend to install the printer for you as I know printers can be confusing sometimes. Enjoy your evening and rest well tonight!

Chris said...

Printers seem to have a mind of their own. One friend commented that they prefer to stick with their original host so don't let anyone try to connect their laptop to your printer.

Yellow Shoes said...

Great thunderstorms last night and tonight in Sheffield. One house was hit apparently by lightening nearby. The garden got a great drenching. x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

My printer has been behaving badly recently - only hoping it will right itself so I don't have to buy another one as I have just put new inks in and finding ones at a reasonable price that have a top feed for thicker card is proving hard these days.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations on the printer being installed.
I miss my old HP that only needed ink about twice a year, and never gave me problems.

Joanne Noragon said...

I had to buy a new printer a few weeks ago, and I bought a one year help program for the exclusive reason of getting help with the new printer, including installation. The lengths we go to to overcome old age!

Librarian said...

Maybe you have overdone it a bit during the days you felt so energetic; I hope the relaxing evening did you good and you are less tired today.
We had thunder, lightning and a heavy downpour yesterday just as I finished work and was about to walk to my parents for my weekly visit. I waited 10 minutes and the rain stopped. Today, everything looks bright and fresh in the sunshine after yesterday's rain.

Derek Faulkner said...

Well, despite my pessimistic earlier comment, we're now just seeing the end of almost nine hours of continuous heavy rain. That is the most rain that we have had since late February. I bet the local farmers are dancing in the street at seeing crops struggling in dust dry fields, suddenly getting all the water that they needed.

Tom Stephenson said...

We had a great storm around 5.00 yesterday.

The Weaver of Grass said...

We gardeners (and farmers) are all rejoicing in the rain. None here yet but a few drops on the washing line suggest it hasbeen trying. Thanks for commenting.

Rachel Phillips said...

Lots of lovely rain here Weave. X

lisa said...

Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Emmanuel  a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Emmanuel sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr Emmanuel who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Emmanuel because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Emmanuel through his email traditionalherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348140033827 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.