Wednesday 27 May 2020

Happy Lunch

I had a nice surprise at lunch time when friends S and T rang to say they would bring their picnic lunch round to eat 'well-isolated' on my patio in the back garden.   I quickly turned my slow cooker rice pudding from high to low and made myself ham sandwiches, a little tomato salad and a couple of strawberries.   We had a lovely couple of hours chatting and laughing in the garden.   Friends are such a bonus during these troubled times aren't they?

It has been another lovely day here, not too hot - a nice cooling breeze but plenty of gentle sunshine.  It is finishing my irises off I'm afraid - they seem to have been out such a little time - but it is bringing my pinks out beautifully.   There are many in bud and they will be out by the weekend at the rate they are going.  I can't imagine life without a garden to be interested in.

My friend T was going back to sort out a swarm of his bees and to try searching another of his hives for some queen cells as he thought he had found the 'swarm' queen dead just outside the hive.   Very civilised society 'animals' bees.

Somebody (maybe JayCee I think) made what sounded like an interesting 'fishy pasta' and put the recipe on her blog last Wednesday.   I always have sardines in as I love them and they are very nourishing - but I bought some in oil on my order - so Fishy Pasta here we come for lunch tomorrow.
I will report back  (I might even make a salad  for an accompaniment and open a new jar of artichokes - Cro gave me that idea.)   Blogging doesn't half widen our interests doesn't it?   Everyone should do it.

12 comments:

JayCee said...

What a lovely surprise to have friends pop round for lunch, especially when you can enjoy it in the garden.
I hope you also enjoy the fishy pasta. I tend to make up my recipes as I go along and they never turn out the same each time. Thus week I added a slug of balsamic dressing to the tomatoes for a change and it gave it a whole new flavour.

Derek Faulkner said...

That's brilliant Pat, you can't beat real, physical contact rather than the likes of Zoom. Bet you so enjoyed it.

Heather said...

It has been the perfect day for a picnic and how nice for you and your friends to sit in your lovely garden. There are quite a few social distancing chats going on in our communal garden at present. The hanging baskets are up and the borders are looking lovely.

angryparsnip said...

I love the tuna pasta I make ! Yours sounds Sounds so good.
parsnip

Joanne Noragon said...

Pinks. I can close my eyes and smell them.

Cro Magnon said...

I occasionally make a pasta sauce with tinned tuna, chopped onion, red pepper and cream. It's very good.

Librarian said...

I love tuna (in salads and on pasta or pizza) but have stopped buying it about 10 years ago when I became aware of the impact of tuna over-fishing in the Mediterranean and elsewhere.
So nice of your friends to come over for lunch in your garden! O.K. and I love having our meals out on the balcony while watching the comings and goings on the village road, but we love our picnic lunches when we're out on our hikes even more.

Rachel Phillips said...

Tinned sardines and bread and butter and some vinegar are an excellent and healthy meal. I think that is just fine. No need for heating, boiling, or electricity use or time. Pick up a glass of water and a knife and fork, sit and eat.

POKERAMPM88 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

Be careful...prayers

elizabert maxwell said...

This card are real i got my card few hours ago and am just coming back from the ATM where i made my first withdraw of 1500$ i am going crazy this is fucking real OSCAR WHITE sorry for being so skeptical about it at first don’t blame me the street these days got fucked up lots of scammers and now i can recommend whoever needs a blank ATM card with about $50,000 on it which you can withdraw within a month because the card has a daily limit.if you are facing any financial problem contact him asap email address is oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com or whats-app +1(513)-299-8247 as soon as possible .

lauriel keene said...

iI’m lauriel from New York, United States. I lost my job a few months back after my divorce with my wife. I tried everything positive to make sure I took good care of my kids but all failed, and I was in debt which makes everything worse. I was kicked out of my home and i had to live with my neighbor after pleading with her to allow me to stay with her for some days while I figured out how to get a home which she agreed to, but no one was willing to help anymore. I bumped into this page from google and I was excited about this, then I contacted the hackersBill Dean. I had just $200, so I pleaded with them to help me because of my condition but they never accepted. I believed in this, so I managed to pawn a few things and got $500. I ordered the $10,000 card and I got my card delivered to me by Ups 4 days later. I never believed my eyes! I was excited and upset as well, I managed to withdraw $2000 on the ATM and $2500 the second day. I went to Walmart and a grocery store and bought a couple of things for $3000. The card got blocked the third day and I contacted them and I was told it's a mistake from my end. I’m so happy, I have started all over again and have a good apartment with my kids you can contact him through is via email (globalatmcardhackingservice@gmail.com)or his whatsap contact (+1 301-887-5071)