Wednesday 2 October 2019

Wednesday morning

Yesterday was a thoroughly wet and miserable day here but not cold.   This morning there is a clear blue sky, a brilliant sunshine and it is ten degrees colder.   So you takes your pick.

I never got round to putting a post on yesterday - apologies for that - time just caught up with me.   I did think of putting one on later in the evening but my son called and we say chatting (arguing?) about deprivation.   After moving up here from a large town in the Midlands where poverty and deprivation were evident, especially as I worked in a Comprehensive School in a deprived area, I suddenly found myself in a small town where there appears to be no deprivation at all.   Everyone seems to be well dressed, well fed, in employment, no problems etc.   This, of course, is not necessarily true - it is just that such things are hidden and it is easy to think that problems don't exist up here. 

Tess had a very wet walk with her walker yesterday.   I was out - having coffee with friends and then doing some shopping ready for my God daughter coming for the week-end (I am really looking forward to that).   I usually go out for lunch every other Tuesday but by the time I had reached home,  struggled in through the rain with my shopping, unpacked it onto the work top and towelled the dog dry after her walk it was almost half past twelve when the lunch starts, so I gave it a miss.   I sat down with a coffee for an hour and regained my strength ready to wash out the fridge and store food in the freezer.   Later friend W called to let me listen to her blue tooth ear pieces - marvellous clarity - I find listening to the radio impossible because of my hearing loss, but having ear pieces concentrated the words so well that I shall now seriously consider getting this facility.

And what does Wednesday bring.   Well this is the day that friend S takes Tess for her afternoon walk - there will be great joy and tail wagging when S arrives!

15 comments:

Heather said...

It has been a glorious morning here today - clear skies, warmth in the sun and a lovely crisp fresh light breeze. However, I think we have had the best of the day as the clouds are building up. Never mind, I got all my shopping done and have had the windows open for most of the morning.

Jules said...

I choose cold and sunny over mild and wet. It's a beautiful day here today, although I wasn't expecting to have to defrost the car this morning. X

Sue said...

It was a bit cold but I did enjoy my walk out with Rick this afternoon in the sunshine. So much nicer than walking in the rain and coming home with a damp dog.

JayCee said...

I looked into the possibility of getting a bluetooth device to help me with the radio and a mobile phone. Our lip reading teacher demonstrated one and it was pretty amazing. I couldn't really afford it though. Please let us know how you get on if you decide to purchase one as I may be persuaded!

Librarian said...

New ear pieces sound (!) good, it would certainly be nice for you to listen to the radio. I always have the radio on when I'm ironing.
Here, a rainy day was predicted, so I wore my rain coat for work, but didn't need it - the sun even came out in the afternoon, and I hope we'll have a bit left by the time my friend and I will meet for running in about an hour.

Red said...

I recently got hearing aids. It makes a big difference

Anonymous said...

Lucky Tess! It was bright and sunny here but chilly in the shade I was glad to come in from the garden at 4pm But managed to plant up a winter planter and some blubs.

Christine Hancock said...

Oh dear that anonymous comment was mine and I thought I 'd written my name.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone. It has been a lovely day here - does the soul good. Cold is coming down now and at seven o'clock it is almost dark. Autumn indeed.

marlane said...

New technology is so great !! Don't forget about my suggestion from last winter to think about getting one of those heaters with the flames that look like a real fire.

Joanne Noragon said...

I think I will be looking into those blue tooth hearing devices.

Gwil W said...

Thanks Pat. I know someone who'd benefit from a blue tooth. A Christmas present idea to look into!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks to you all.

wisps of words said...

I'm interested to know, what you and your son were taking (arguing) about. Deprivation was the topic. But what in the world, was he arguing with you, about?

We all know it exists. Do we all, have a duty, to be witnessing it? Especially in later years?

I personally prefer to live, where it is not all around. When older. It is simply safer!

🍁🍂🍎🍂🍁

wilson tom said...

i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346