Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tuesday

Busy day all round but I had a very bad night - mainly for two reasons.   Firstly my son rang quite late and we chatted for almost an hour, which got my brain so active that when I did go to bed I couldn't settle down.   Secondly, it was a very chilly night and I just could not get warm.   I got up and added another blanket, putting it on top of the duvet as I couldn't be bothered to remake the bed in the middle of the night.   I still took a long time to get warm and drop off.   Consequently I am quite tired today.

I walked round with Tess and then went into town to top up on food shopping - mainly fruit and veg - before returning home.   It was our fortnightly lunch meeting (chicken casserole followed by blackberry and apple crumble or apple pie and ice cream) - all delicious and as usual all good fun with good company.

On returning home Tess had disappeared.   H had called and had taken her for a walk.  It was a relief as I was really very tired after my poor night's sleep and it is impossible to explain to a dog why a walk is not a possibility.   My son rang and asked if I wanted to go with him and his wife into Richmond for a coffee and cake, so I contacted H on her mobile to tell her I would be out on her return with Tess.   She had walked around Richmond Castle walls - she said Tess had done a wee about every twelve seconds on the entire walk!!

It is not a warm day here so it was home again to find the heating had come on and the bungalow was pleasantly warm - yes I know it is a bit early in Autumn but I refuse to be cold, it is so miserable.  Tess had returned and has been asleep in her bed ever since - tired out no doubt.  What a lucky dog she is to have so many friends who help me out (I have just had an e mail to tell me friend S will take her for me tomorrow).

Now I think a cup of tea and a slice of Battenburg is perhaps the order of the day - and maybe a small bowl of Scottish strawberries - they still have the lovely taste of summer.

15 comments:

Gwil W said...

I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I've no idea why. I hope I sleep well tonight, although watching the so-called 'debate' in the Commons I think it's unlikely!

Derek Faulkner said...

Oh dear, all this talk of being cold and even CH on!!

crafty cat corner said...

The night before last I also was so cold in bed. I laid for a while in the hope that I would warm up before deciding to get up and get an extra blanket, still tool me a while to get to sleep. Hard to believe that a short time ago I was lying on top of the covers because I was too hot. lol
Briony
x

the veg artist said...

I suspect your friends rather like being able to 'borrow' Tess for a walk. I know I would! Damp here all day, not cold, just miserable. Sun due back tomorrow.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Is that Battenburg still around? Go on, have another slice!

Heather said...

I woke at 6 this morning. So annoying when another hour and a half would have still given me a gentle start to my day. I am now trying not to go to bed just yet - 8.30pm - as I will only wake too early again tomorrow.
Nice to know that you and Tess are both blessed with good friends.
Hope you have a warmer, and better night's sleep tonight. Sweet dreams.

Rachel Phillips said...

Summer continues here. We have been in the 23/24C temperature range each afternoon this week.

justjill said...

A good day for you and Tess. Lovely friends you have.

Bea said...

A taste of summer lingering in the strawberries sounds like a warm, pun intended, reminder of the previous season.

angryparsnip said...

Such a lovely day for you and Tess.
We all love Tess and I read the bad bad bad gud dugs about her lovely walks.
parsnip

Librarian said...

I hope Tess is ok and having a wee every 12 seconds does not mean she has a bladder infection.
When I have had guests for a party or have been out to the pub quiz or so, my mind won't let me settle down instantly, either, no matter how late. I find reading for a little while helps.

Penhill said...

your appetite never ceases to amaze me! Still very warm here in the Cotswolds,now I have moved south I will have to get used to the heat.I can no longer see Penhill,but have a view of Brailes Hill from my window.

Derek Faulkner said...

Much excitement here on Sheppey this morning - we had half an hour's rain, quite heavy at times! With sunshine and wind forecast for the rest of the day, it'll all be gone by tonight but it was nice while it lasted.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Derek - all I can say regarding the cold is give yourself another ten years and you may find a difference. I don't remember feeling the cold like this until I was well into my eighties - and of course I can't move as quickly as I used to. Glad to hear about the rain, albeit not enough.
Penhill - didnt realise you had moved - sorry we never met when you were up here but hope you settle well.
Librarian - yes I do realise that Tess is not weeing because of a bladder infection - she is sending messages to any male dog which might pass that she is available! (would be a lost cause as she has been spayed).

Thanks everyone.

Melissa hogan said...


I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes and shingles, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 14days . 14days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER because I got to know him through a friend he cured from too. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER through his email........................robinsonbuckler@ ((h o t m a i l.)) com