Sunday 23 June 2019

Sunday

Well presumably somebody got that warm, sunny weather today but certainly not here - and reading Derek's reply to my post yesterday - not down the East coast either.   Here it has been cool and overcast all day and at about seven o'clock it began to rain and is still raining now.   I am pleased to see it as my gardener put in a few plants for me yesterday but each day the weather forecast suggests very hot and humid weather and it does not seem to be arriving.

My decorator has been today and emulsion painted the kitchen walls and ceiling (just in a plain, boring white I'm afraid) so now I am just waiting for new ceiling lights to be fitted and that is another job done. 

Out to lunch as usual with 'the girls'.   W, who is 98 now sat having her cup of tea afterwards and suddenly said how she never imagined she would live to be this age and to be going out with friends  to Sunday lunch every week and to be able to afford it.  It is lovely that we are such an important part of he r life - she certainly gives us just as much (if not more) pleasure bringing her and enjoying her lively company.

18 comments:

Heather said...

How wonderful your friend W is to get out and about. I hope I shall be as active when I am her age - if I get that far!
Your kitchen will be so light and airy, especially in winter when the days can be so dull.
It has been overcast here today but quite humid. We had rain late in the afternoon and are warned of thunderstorms next week though they may be more to the east I think.
Hey ho!

Rachel Phillips said...

It has been a beautiful day here in Norfolk. We watched the swallows catching flies. We watched the warm wind blowing through the barley.

justjill said...

Weather has been good here NE Scotland. Warm and humid. Latter no good for breathing. Yellow warning for tomorrow with heavy rain.

Joanne Noragon said...

More old people die of loneliness, Weave, than anything else. Good you are in each other's lives.

Cro Magnon said...

Lovely day here yesterday, but much hotter today. Do say 'hello' to W from me; she sounds like a real trooper!

thelma said...

Good hours spent with friends, treasure them. As for the weather, it just IS, be thankful for rain. Tractors with trucks full of baled hay were rushing by yesterday, the rain kept off all day.

Tom Stephenson said...

The weather will improve. I saw the satellite pictures last night. Enjoy your lunch Weave.

the veg artist said...

It was the 'being able to afford it' comment which registered with me. There are going to be so many people getting a tremendous shock when they realise just how far the state pension will (not) stretch. Weave, you and your friends are very fortunate, in each other, and in being able to afford your lunches out.

JayCee said...

I agree with the veg artist, above. Living to the age of 98 or more and finding your life savings have run out so that you are dependent on the state pension alone would be a very unpleasant way to live.
I am glad that you and your friends are enjoying your time together and keeping my fingers crossed that the promised sunshine is on its way to you now.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

It was certainly warm and humid here yesterday - and still is this morning for that matter.

Rachel Phillips said...

Monday. Another beautiful hot day in Norfolk.

Derek Faulkner said...

Temps. in Spain, Switzerland and France +40 degrees - what do we get - grey skies, so unfair!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thanks everyone for joining in.

Librarian said...

We had 31C yesterday, up to 38 is forecast by tomorrow.

Derek Faulkner said...

Here in Surrey this morning it has been raining for several hours since midnight and back home on Sheppey in N Kent, where I live, they have had torrential rain, So we go into a third day with no sun and nothing like the high temperatures they keep forecasting.

potty said...

I have thought that my cobwebs are not quite so evident when on plain old boring white!

Rachel Phillips said...

24C here yesterday was fine. Rain overnight, sun is shining now.

Derek Faulkner said...

I'm beginning to think these grey clouds are permanently stuck over me, oh for a hot and sunny day.