Saturday 1 June 2019

Saturday

I am sure there are places where the temperature lives up to the Weather Forecast today but certainly not here in North Yorkshire.   In spite of the weather man saying our temperature could be up in the low twenties the thermometer has steadfastly refused to go above fourteen all day.   It is cloudy, it is raining and I have just put the central heating on so that when I return from my walk with Tess there is a bit of heat in the place.

I had plans to garden after going to the Coffee Morning.   I found out at the last minute that the Coffee Morning had been cancelled so I went into town to collect dry cleaning and to get a Times to add to my previous Guardian which had been delivered.   Might as well have plenty to read if it is going to be that sort of day.

Now, at half past three, it is still raining, still chilly and no sign of the sun.   It is time that Tess had another walk so we shall go now.   Enjoy a relaxing Saturday evening and let's hope for a good gardening day tomorrow.

14 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

The weather divides the country into two halfs this weekend. You are in the cold wet half. I am in the warm, dry half.

JayCee said...

The weather is much the same over here too. Cold, grey and damp. Not much fun for all the visitors over for the TT races.

justjill said...

Weather in NE Scotland. No wind, no rain, no sun. Very odd. As you say hope your weather is better tomorrow. Ours tomorrow must be moving up from you!

Terra said...

You are a good dog momma to take Tess on rain walks. I do the same and my little dog has short fur so he has a rain jacket. He looks quite spiffy in it.

Ann said...

I think we've nabbed the warm weather, down here in Devon. The early morning fog burnt off and it's been very hot, to the extent that my towels dried and have turned into exfoliating boards!

Derek Faulkner said...

Good gawd Pat - rain, cold CH on! It has been roasting here today, easily 26 degrees and still is as I right this at 19.00. Just been out watering the cracks in the flower beds, something you clearly don't have to worry about.

The Weaver of Grass said...

The weather in the Southern half of the country leaves me green with envy. Now, at 8.35, as I write this, the sun has come out and the sky is clear blue and the wind has dropped. The blackbirds are singing and Mrs Blackbird is dashing back and forth with a beak full of worms. Tomorrow, if the weather forecast is to be believed, it is destined to be wet again.

Derek Faulkner said...

Sadly, the Blackbirds are really struggling here because the ground is so hard and dry, suspect some chicks must be starving.

Heather said...

Hope tomorrow will at least be warmer for you, if not drier. Life is just not fair at times, is it?

Librarian said...

Summer is here all of a sudden, it seems. Today was close to 28 C and tomorrow could be even warmer, which will make the Horse Market Parade a bit of a challenge for those who participate in it in full costume.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John Going Gently said...

The west is wet ☹️

Cro Magnon said...

Stinking hot here. Nearly 30 C yesterday, and higher forecast for today. I may even have a swim this afternoon. Back to reality next week.

thelma said...

Well grey again today with passing showers that don't do much for the garden.