Saturday 16 March 2019

Spring?

et  us
It is rare up here to get a pouring wet day.   Alright it might pour overnight and just be clearing up when one arises - or it might rain more or less all day.   But last night, when I let Tess out for her last wee, it was pouring.   When I got up in the night the rain was lashing down the windows and now, at two in the afternoon, it is still lashing down.   I expect the river will be well and truly over - the road here is standing in water.   Tess took one look out and decided she would cross her legs rather than venture out.   We have just been for a quick sortis round the block.   Water, water everywhere is an understatement.   The wind has gradually risen as the morning has progressed.   The weather forecast is absolutely accurate.

As a result I have got some jobs done which have been languishing.   First of all I have ordered an office shredder.  I now have two if not three years of farm accounts which can be destroyed - they are taking up a lot of room but the Inland Revenue demand they are kept for some years.   Because BT have taken it into their heads to revise the whole e mail system bit by bit (and they have revised mine and several peoples round here) I had lost my link to Amazon in the process - it took me a long time to reinstate it.   And no - I couldn't remember my password - and if I had a password book I would lose it anyway; that is the kind of person I am.   Anyhow all done and dusted now. 

I have also made a list for my gardener when he comes.   If I don't make a list I remember something as soon as he has gone - and he is one busy man at this time of the year.   I have plants sitting waiting to be put into the ground - at least they won't be short of water when he plants them. 

If anyone else has had the e mail system completely updated by BT I would be interested to hear what you think to it.   I went to the BT site and they say they are updating everyone eventually but it will take a little time.   I am sure that when I get used to it I shall like it, but changing is such a chore.

16 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

I think my email system was updated a month or so ago by BT and I have changed it back to more or less look like the system was previously. I particularly did not like the new layout or background colour but these can be changed. There are some gains in it such as if you are creating email groups for mail shots to clubs etc which had lagged behind other email systems so there are improvements. I am puzzled as to how these changes by BT would cause you to lose a link with Amazon though. My link with Amazon is via their website and BT have not actually changed any email addresses as such, just the format. Overall I like the new BT email system is my verdict. As for the weather, I have strong winds and gusts and no rain.

Rachel Phillips said...

I was told to keep farm accounts for 6 years worth but the accountant recommended 10.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Just wind down here today. And that's been more or less relentless for the last week. I think Spring will have to wait in the wings a little longer before it can take centre stage.

Sue said...

Still windy but not much rain in Lincolnshire.

Derek Faulkner said...

Thank gawd I don't have my E-Mails with BT then, personally I won't touch anything to do with BT, I think they're a rubbish crowd.
Glad that you liked the link I sent you in the last post, I love that type of music.

Tom Stephenson said...

Ever since Michael Fish, extreme weather is accurately forecast. It's the middling stuff they get wrong.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Rachel. Luckily I had Amazon in my bookmarks, but I did also have a link from my email format - with the new format it just disappeared. I am not terribly computer literate. I am ashamed to say if anything puzzles me I call for my son. He is away this weekend and I had to do it myself. I tend to panic.

Alison said...

De-lurking to say that my OH has just showed me a video of the flooding on caravan site at Hawes, looks awful. We should have been away somewhere in our caravan now, but decided that strong winds and rain were not what we wanted, so we are snug and warm at home. Our Border Collie will go out in the rain, then stand looking miserable on the edge of the patio, will only venture further for a wee if ordered to do so, and then under protest. Like most BCs she is very intelligent, but cannot grasp that dashing out and doing what is needed makes her much less wet!

justjill said...

Rain all day here too. My new blinds to stop the sun blinding me redundant today!

angryparsnip said...

Kirbey my first Scotty hated the rain I even used to carry her out and stand over her with an umbrella and she would just stand there how ever I put her down ! Now iwinston is outside all the time rain, wind or snow he doesn't care. I have to drag him in !

cheers, parsnip

Joanne Noragon said...

Spring truly is coming now; that's its job! The earth is advancing on it!

Heather said...

We had a Welsh collie who wouldn't go out in rain! I'm not too keen on it myself, but today hasn't been too bad apart from a strong wind. We just have to make the most of our fine days when we get them, and put up with the rest.

Sue said...

I've come to the conclusion that some people's minds think more like computers (or the interface they use to communicate with us) and others don't. Along the lines of being left-brain or right-brain dominant. Or at least that's the excuse I use!

Cro Magnon said...

Yesterday I wore shorts, gave the lawn its second mowing, and took our Tea outdoors. Things are looking up!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Weather bright sunshine this morning but the wind is still strong and it is chilly but set to get a bit warmer. Thanks everyone for the comments. Alison - if the caravan site at Hawes was flooded then that is a sure sign the river has been well and truly over - hopefully it will have gone down by today.

Rachel Phillips said...

I doubt it will have gone down much because of the amount of rain you had. Beware of floods wherever you may go and probably not a good idea to go anywhere.