Friday 9 June 2017

Tomorrow is another day.

Yes.   I am taking your advice and taking each day as it comes.   Today, in spite of the shock election news which I got when I switched on at 6am (not necessarily a bad shock on reflection - maybe just a wake up call to politicians), the day started off on a better note.

But sadly a friend who died ten days ago had her funeral today and I thought I really must go.   Only eleven weeks after I lost my dear farmer I did find  the funeral service (in the same church and also in the church where we were married (and the church in my header)) very difficult.   But I survived - supported by various friends - and maybe I shall be stronger because I did it.

I have packed my two boxes which is another plus.

Our Chinese meal last night was absoloutely delicious and a lovely night out.   Friend S - who was one of the four last night and who was also at the funeral  this morning - suggested she take Tess for a walk this afternoon (I cannot walk far, so although Tess has three walks each day they are not long ones. )   Did Tess have a birthday?

She was gone for such a long time and had a gloriously long walk on her very long lead.   S quite rightly decided not to let her off the lead in the fields in case she wouldn't come back when called.  I don't know whether she would or not - but not worth the risk.

When they returned, after coffee and saying goodbye to S then I bathed Tess in the downstairs wet room.   The vet advised it when I went to get Tess her allergy tablets yesterday.   Apparently 
dogs give off a certain amount of yeast and if they scratch a lot they distribute the yeast and develop a yeasty smell - so now Tess smells nicely of dog shampoo. 

So there we are.   Another day passes.   No nearer moving but I just try not to think of that. I shall carry on with my two boxes a day and my niece has kindly said that she will come up from Derby and help me nearer the moving date - maybe July now.

20 comments:

Chris said...

One day at a time is the best way; must be so hard for you, but you're doing fine.
Blessings

Heather said...

It's good to hear that you will have help leading up to moving day, and for the day itself hopefully. I have often thought of how you will cope - I am so fortunate to have my children on hand. We shall have to see who moves first - I should have a date for some time in July too. The race is on!

donna baker said...

And that was a good day. Glad to hear yu are out and about like usual. Washing Tess was good exercise for the day. Nap time.

John Going Gently said...

One foot in front of another

Rachel Phillips said...

A busy day.

A Heron's View said...

Day by day Pat wend your way :-)

Tom Stephenson said...

That is a solid, no nonsense church, Weave. Despite the poignant memories it holds for you, I am not sure I would miss it.

angryparsnip said...

One day at a time. Each morning is the start of another day.

As we say in Japan... "Ganbatte" Do your best.
cheers, parsnip and thehamish

Unknown said...

It sounds like a good day to me, too. One day at a time.

Joanne Noragon said...

Go to bed tired. Up the next day, do it all over again.

Hilary said...

I am amazed at how you carry on, knowing how drastically your life has changed, and will change more. But in every tough time of my life, one day at a time, has seen me through.
my favorite message to myself, which I had pasted over my sewing machine.......was "Stay in the Day"...........
because it's the only day we really have.

Virginia said...

I'll bet you dreaded going to that funeral - I know I would've. Good on you for finding the strength to do it. We have to give our Goldie baths in summer too, or she starts to scratch. fortunately she thinks a shower with warm water and oatmeal and chamomile door shampoo is a wonderful treat, and an excuse to career around the house rolling on the carpet. Great fun, but not so great for the carpet - thorough vacuuming required.I'm not sure Tess would enjoy a bath as much - I hope she is at least co-operative?

Good news you will have help for the final shift. That must be a relief.

Mary said...

You are a real trooper Pat - I am full of admiration for you and the way you have managed to deal with everything these past few months.

Glad Tess is there to keep you company - she sounds like a sweet dog always.

Cro Magnon said...

In my experience a washed dog has only one thing on its mind.... to roll in something stinking!

Librarian said...

You are very brave! Maybe someone else in your situation would not have gone to the funeral, for very understandable reasons, but you did it and your friends supported you through it. Really brave!
What a good idea of your friend to offer taking Tess for a long walk so that you can have a little rest. I am also sure your niece will be of great help nearer to your move.

thelma said...

There are good things and bad things through your day, but having good friends must be a blessing. X

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I hope that "S" (Sabrina? Savannah?) will volunteer regularly to take Tess on a long walk. Sounds like Tess has got a lot of pent up energy.

littlemancat said...

I too admire your strength and courage as the days roll on - everyone has said it so well so I'll just add my admiration and good wishes.
Mary

The Weaver of Grass said...

YP - wrong generation. Sylvia!
Cro - I am glad Tess can't read - please don't put that idea into her head. I haven't seen fox poo around (not that I search for it) but there is masses of hedgehog poo which I suppose is a good sign.
Tom - church matches Yorkshire folk I suppose.
Thanks to you all.

Fairtrader said...

I really wish you can have a good start on your new path. And I am glad you take one day at the time, only. That made it possible to make that strong and important decision to attend the funeral, I think. The church is so beautiful, I always loved your header. Our churches don't look anything like that.
It's nice that you share like this, Pat. I think it's like being one of your friends S or W. A walk in the neighbourhood, packing boxes, having lunch, bathing Tess, sharing memories and thoughts about politics. Perhaps the blog is one way of slowly mending, I hope you feel that way. Bless you!!!