Friday 16 June 2017

Another Friday bites the dust.

Another Friday, another week gone by, another week when nothing seems to be moving, another week of frustration.    But there is nothing to be done; these things take time and I must just be patient.   The trouble is that the word 'patience' is not normally in my vocabulary and I am therefore finding it very difficult.      Most of my boxes are packed and I am ready to go.   The plumber is ordered to alter the bathroom and the patio doors are ordered.   Now I must just sit back and wait.

I have decided 'no more boxes for a few days' - I shall do other things.   I have a new step-great grandson arrived yesterday (a little boy, no name as yet) so tomorrow I shall make it my business to fill up with petrol and then go and find him a welcome present.

Today, after our usual coffee morning friend W and I drove up the Dale to Hawes and had lunch in The Creamery.   The Wensleydale Creamery was created some years ago when there was a Management Buy-out.   It has gone from strength to strength and now has a lovely cafe and shop.   We had grilled ham topped with Wensleydale cheese and pineapple, served with chips and salad. We finished off with a cup of coffee and then drove home through a beautiful Wensleydale.   How lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place.    I have so much to be thankful for - I must not lose sight of that.

14 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

Your last comment says it all Pat, yes you've had some loss but there's yet still more to be gained. How well you made today and that delicious lunch sound. The delays in moving must be frustrating, I have the same short patience span, but simply see it as a long goodbye to the farm.

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

You are very busy with restful things, I envy that, got another 2 days of cricket coming up on the hottest weekend of the year.

Terra said...

You are right and thinking of my blessings helps me each day too. Regarding patience, my favorite joke prayer is "Dear Lord, please give me patience. Right now." Ha ha. I hope your move will proceed peacefully.

Jules said...

Lunch sounds delicious and in such beautiful surroundings. It's a while since I last visited the creamery so a visit is long overdue.
A step great grandson is another blessing. X

justjill said...

The lunch sounded wonderful. You will get there. I too want things to happen yesterday!

Mac n' Janet said...

There is a lot of good in your life, but the other things still weigh heavily. I'm an impatient person and can't stand waiting, I'm no good at it at all so I understand your frustration.

Bea said...

Lovely lunch, lovely Wensleydale. May your patience hold as you await your impending move!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Please don't be offended. You must always look on the bright side of life even through lifes darkest moments. Life is for living, drink in that beautiful scenery, taste that beautiful food and enjoy. X

Bovey Belle said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. I wonder what his name will be? I hope you had fun finding a suitable "welcome" gift for him.

I loved the sound of your lunch. I think you are getting so much help from your friends, and from getting out so you have a little break from the grieving process and coming to terms with how life is now.

Counting ones blessings is a good thing and you are fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. BTW, I am impatient too (comes with being an Aries!)

Sue in Suffolk said...

Absolutely Everything to do with moving is very slow.

I'm no good at patience either, I'm sure my Mum would have said "Patience is a Virtue"!

Lovely to have another new baby in the family, our grandson is visiting this weekend - so looking forward to it

Rachel Phillips said...

It doesn't sound too bad to me.

angryparsnip said...

Sometimes a few day off to do other things sound good to me.
A new Grandson, how lovely !

cheers, parsnip and thehamish

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

A new great-grandson! Congratulations. Your lunch sounds perfect. Whenever I hear Wensleydale, I think of cheese. We must have some sort of cheese here in our grocery stores from Wensleydale. It also makes me think of Wallace and Grommit (?). Have a peaceful weekend. -Jenn

Minigranny said...

How lovely - a new great grandson ! Congratulations.