Sunday 11 September 2016

A Day Out with the farmer.

Out for the day today with the farmer, to meet my god-daughter and her husband and our friends P and D at The King's Head in Ravenstonedale for Sunday lunch.

The lunch and the company were of course delightful and we had a most enjoyable time.   Tess came with us and the farmer took her for a walk on Wild Boar Fell on the way over and then down the side of the beck outside the hotel after our lunch.   And she loved meeting the people - as she always does;  she is a most sociable dog.

I took some photographs on the way there and again on the return journey as we travelled through Wensleydale and then turned up by The Moorcock Inn towards Kirby Stephen before turning up over Wild Boar Fell.   The roads were much more busy than usual, probably because today was the day of the Hawdraw Brass Band Festival, held in the picturesque setting of the village of Hawdraw.   Leyburn Band were playing there too.   Every year we mean to go and every year something stops us going. 

 I hope Leyburn did well.   No doubt my friend G will let me know (and also thank me for giving them a mention!)

Anyway - here are a few photographs.   Please understand that the farmer does not slow down for photographers (there was too much traffic anyway) and the road was very bumpy in places.




16 comments:

angryparsnip said...

Even if The Farmer does not slow down or a bumpy road the photos are beautiful.
Thank You for posting them.

cheers parsnip and thehamish

Derek Faulkner said...

Looks like you had good weather Pat, a nice day all round by the look of it.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I just love the stone walls. What a beautiful part of the world in which to live! -Jenn

Barbara said...

Love the photos!

GillyK said...

Thanks for the comments Pat. Leyburn Band won the prize for the best march and the best hymn. A lot of people felt that the Band should have won MORE prizes and have been placed within the top three. Most of the other bands are in higher sections than Leyburn, we are unregistered, it works a little like football leagues. So if Leyburn United played Manchester United, it would be a similar situation to today's competition. So we are pleased!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glorious photographs.

Hildred said...

Lovely photos, - I am well acquainted with taking pictures on the fly, either because of too much traffic or a husband in a hurry...

Cro Magnon said...

I spot of few of those field barns in the top photo. Glorious when the sun shines on the hills.

Librarian said...

You know how much I love Yorkshire, and the Dales in particular! Lovely pictures make me want to come back much sooner than next July.

Heather said...

Such beautiful scenery where one can really stretch one's eyes. I doubt I shall ever get to Yorkshire again but always enjoy seeing it in photographs. Congratulations to Leyburn Band for their prizes.

The Weaver of Grass said...

There is now an added photograph at the top of our party - taken by D, one of the six. He sent it to me this morning so I thought I would add it.

Frances said...

Weaver, it's grand to see the photograph of your party! The pictures you took of gorgeous Yorkshire are sublime. The sunlight, the shades of green under the clouds in the sky...thank you for sharing these with us. xo

Derek Faulkner said...

So nice to finally see you and the Farmer together in person, well done for posting it.

Terry and Linda said...

My farmer doesn't slow down for photos either. :) I so enjoyed 'meeting' the farmer and you and your god children family.

Linda

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Lovely days for the next few days for outdoor activities. I'm hoping so anyway!

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely photo of you all. Good to be able to envisage you both! My husband doesn't really slow down for photos either, although if there's a suitably placed layby, he will pull over for me. All the really BEST photos are where it is impossible to take them!