Sunday 21 August 2016

Sunday lunch

Out to lunch again today as the farmer was walking.   It is our twenty third wedding anniversary today but we have decided to celebrate  it next Sunday so that we could both do our own thing today.

Eight of us today, a record number - and a new pub too - The Woodman in Burneston near Bedale.  Roast ham, roast beef, roast pork and a nice variety of puds - all followed by coffee.   Now, six hours later, suitably full and not in need of any more food today thank you.

11 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I hope you had Yorkshire Pudding!

Dawn said...

I think we will have to start going out for the occasional sunday lunch you always make my mouth water :-)

Robin Mac said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I hope you have many more.

Librarian said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Are you thinking about having a big celebration in two years' time?
Hard to believe I'd have had my Silver Wedding last year if I still were with my first husband!

Mac n' Janet said...

Happy anniversary! We'll have our 51st soon, doesn't seem possible.

donna baker said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like a good day.

angryparsnip said...

Your Sunday Lunches out sound wonderful.
Lovely dinner great friends = a wonderful afternoon

cheers, parsnip and thehamish

Heather said...

Lovely lunch with dear friends. You should compile a booklet of the best places to eat in Yorkshire!

Heather said...

And Happy Anniversary!

Derek Faulkner said...

Clearly you are much better, you're eating out again. I agree with Heather re. a booklet, you seem to eat out more than most people, you could offer it to the local Tourist Board.

The Weaver of Grass said...

We have already booked for the beginning of September!