Thursday 17 December 2015

Today's Christmas jobs.

Neither the farmer nor I feel in one hundred percent health today - I think we both have a low grade bug, although as we both feel a lot better tonight it is obviously short-lived.

So today's jobs have been minimal, although both of us are staunch believers in keeping going through this kind of bug rather than going to bed or sitting by the fire.

Apart from his normal farming jobs the farmer has also cut a Christmas tree for my son and his wife, who like a 'real' tree each year.   I prefer a very small, artificial one - less pine needles to clear up.   Tess went with them to choose the tree  from our field and she thoroughly enjoyed chasing the rabbits, catching one - a real special event.

Thursday is my hairdresser's day and when I came back I finished decorating two of my four Christmas cakes which I make each year.   They are identical so I have photographed only one and after finishing this I shall endeavour AGAIN to put the photograph of it at the bottom of this post.   I am a big believer in the spider philosophy 'if at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again.'  Since going on to Windows 10 I have not yet managed to put a photograph on my blog.  So here goes.....

Not the best photograph - it does need turning to the right but don't expect miracles dear readers.   I dare not go back in case I can't repeat the exercise!  As it is it does look as though it will fall of the table.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glorious looking cake, sideways or not :o)

Dawn said...

The cake looks lovely and yummy, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather I hope the bug leaves you soon

donna baker said...

Pat, that is the most beautiful fruitcake I've ever seen. I've only seen rectangular ones, but that looks wonderful. Oh that Tess. I'd have been screaming. I'm with you; if you're going to feel sick anyway, might as well be doing something. Get better fast. You need a spoonful of my homemade limoncello. You won't even care whether or not you feel under the weather.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Pat, oh, how I would love a slice of that delicious looking cake! I am the only one I know of for miles (and I do mean m i l e s) around who loves fruit cake. Husband and I have been coughing for weeks even after 10mdays of antibiotics. G-a-a-k. Oh well. We are like you. Muscle through unless we are oblviously contagious to others. Hope we all feel better soon!
xo, m & jb

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Looks like you are so proud of your cake you stuck it to the wall!

Sol said...

hope you are feeling better. I also cant get pictures the right way up if take portrait, since upgrading to 10.

Coppa's girl said...

What a scrumptious cake !

Heather said...

I think I shall steer clear of Windows 10! Your cake looks excellent and perfect for those who don't like a lot of icing. I hope you and the farmer feel better soon.

Rachel Phillips said...

I am still at work, not thinking of Christmas.

Joanne Noragon said...

Beautious and scrumptious--looking that is.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Super duper fruit cake, everyone will love them.
I'm still steering clear of Windows 10

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Congratulations on (partially) conquering Windows 10. I wish I had never upgraded! At work I didn't have a choice. Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm not a fan of fruit cake, but yours looks lovely! (If I turn my head). -Jenn

Wilma said...

I am ready for your cake to slide off the table and right into my mouth! Gorgeous. I made a lemon/almond cake today, not for Christmas, but for the construction crew to enjoy while installing the hardwood flooring. Your cake looks much better!

Hildred said...

|:Oh, you are brave to go on to Windows 10, - I have heard so many discouraging things about it, and the loss of so many programs, that I have desisted/resisted.... Cake looks lovelyon the edge of a cliff!|!!

Cro Magnon said...

That's very fancy. Lady M just puts on marzipan, with a Santa, mini Christmas tree, and a few Reindeer.

thelma said...

Delicious looking cake, hope the bug goes away; sitting by the fire or going to bed because you feel unwell is not the greatest crime ;)

P. said...

I like so much your blog, I come here every day and because I find it so interesting I never noticed you don't post pictures, only today I realised it because you mentioned it.
That cake looks very good and it's pretty, I'm happy you showed it to us. Never mind if the picture needs to be turned, we can see it's very nice anyway.

I hope you will feel better soon.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Bug has disappeared overnight. More pictures later today of my roses I hope and better luck with positioning. Just off into town to meet the gang for coffee.

Penny said...

Looks good.

Gwil W said...

Your dog helped to choose the tree!
Mmm. Say no more . . .

Elizabeth said...

Delicious at any angle!
Well done getting the photo in at all.
Can be most frustrating!