There is always a list of forward planning things up here in the sticks. We started them yesterday:
1. Get in the second crop of feed silage for winter. We started the day before yesterday and it is drying well. Hoping that the rain will hold off today so that we may soon get it baled - that will mean that half the crop will be in.
2. Order the winter oil for the Aga and the central heating. This was done and came yesterday. After reading Rachel's blog today we are hoping the price has come down.
3. Booking the chimney sweep to deal with the chimney of our wood burner. I am about to ring him when I have put this blog on.
4. Order half a ton of anthracite to boost the fuel for the woodburner. I shall do this when I have finished the morning's post.
5 Make sure that the log pile in the big shed is high enough to keep us going for some time into the winter.
6. Order the carpet cleaner so that all our carpets and sparkling clean for winter. We can't do this until the decorator has been as he is coming shortly to decorate the bedroom and the kitchen (can't bear the thought as his comment on looking at the rooms was 'you have got rather a lot of stuff, haven't you?' (the farmer and I have promised to move it into another room before he comes) (by that read 'the farmer'!)
7. Check on wardrobes for any replacement sweaters that might be needed and purchase.
8. Sit back with a sigh of relief and just wait for the cold to arrive.
Off now to the physio for my six-weekly going over.