Tuesday 10 September 2013

Shattered.

Today friend W took me to her exercise class - exercise for ladies of a certain age that is.   We did an hour's gentle exercise, designed to keep us mobile and help our balance and I really enjoyed it.  I shall certainly continue to go as often as I can until I have the operation on my ankle - then, as I shall be on crutches for about two months, I shall still go along and do the upper body exercises.

Of course the side effect of this is that one meets a new group of people and this is always good - to extend one's circle.   In a small town like ours it just means that when you are walking round you meet even more people to say hello to, and I am all for that.

Now I have to do the exercises each day in order to get a bit more supple = today I was rather like a creaky old gate.

13 comments:

Rachel Phillips said...

No gain without pain.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Pat,
I hope your ankle will soon be okay and that it doesn't hurt so much.
How nice to do some exercises together. I should do that but I am to lazy.
Wil, ABCW Team.

mrsnesbitt said...

have a sherry! xxx

Irene said...

It is good to exercise and it's nice to find some to do that take our advancing age into account. We have 20 minutes of them each morning on the television and I watch them all the time. Now I just have to start participating.

Pondside said...

Good for you for taking this step before your surgery. There's no doubt that you'll heal better for it. Pat, you are definitely 'a force to be reckoned with'!

angryparsnip said...

Such a great idea. When it is warm enough I walk in the pool. For me that is the best.
Hope your ankle will be better soon.

cheers, parsnip

Hildred said...

I think that's a great idea, Pat, - good for both your body and your mind as you enlarge your circle of acquaintances.

Cloudia said...

Do enjoy and take it sensibly!




ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Heather said...

It is so much more pleasurable to do an exercise class with friends and, as you say, a great way to meet new ones.
There's nothing wrong with creaky old gates - I love them - and they do say they last the longest.

MorningAJ said...

It's possible that the exercises might help your recovery time after the operation. The important thing is to enjoy it though.

Elizabeth said...

Good for you!

Em Parkinson said...

Some time after my accident, I though Pilates would be a good idea....strengthening that inner core and all that. One five minute exercise session and I was flat out on the sofa for half an hour. Perhaps IO tried it too early but the dvd has not been back in the player since! Very impressed with your commitment and being fit for the operation will be hugely beneficial afterwards.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Not at all stiff today although I expected to be. I am trying to remember as many of the exercises as possible so that I can keep doing them.